IRC223246 - CHEMICAL PRODUCTION ENGINEER LABORATORY
, we are looking for a Chemical Production Engineer Laboratory
within Eni Mexico
in Villahermosa, Tabasco
. You will be responsible for managing chemicals utilized on board of Operated Production assets with the aim of guaranteeing flow assurance, maximize production, support for asset integrity and troubleshooting in full compliance with all applicable regulation and international standards As a member of the operations department at Eni Mexico you will be responsible for
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements
- Planning training needs for all laboratory staff.
- Cooperating and giving full support for analytical studies to facilitate all requirements' need.
- Archive and checking the quality certificate for all exporting cargoes.
- Establishing and maintaining HSE culture within laboratory as per Eni Mexico organization procedures manuals and standards.
- Co-ordinating the activities of the Laboratory to provide analytical services to support production requirements in a safe, cost-effective manner maintaining quality standards.
- Supporting to manage the operational environment disposal fluids qualities and wastewater monitoring.
- Ensuring continues sampling/monitoring of produced fluids quality to alert operation team personnel for any "off-spec" conditions. Conduct technical audit for all laboratory contractors (to ensure compliance with ASTM methods and other standards).
- Approving and accepting all imported chemicals from quality point of view.
- Carryout research related to process of the plant in order to give advice and recommendation for both operation and technical team in case of investigation and troubleshooting.
- Updating the MSDS of the chemicals in use on board (laboratory and injection chemicals).
- Providing production chemistry input to development studies and project, especially during design/document reviews.
- Supervisor of Laboratory operation safely and efficiently.
- Accrediting and Approving Laboratory Procedures and Standing Instructions.
- Approving all Laboratory reports especially related to exporting products.
- Issue Daily Laboratory guidelines and instruction.
- Developing and implementing Training plan for Laboratory Staff.
- Assisting laboratory technicians with routine and non-routine analyses performance as required.
- Promoting laboratory methodology improvement by developing/identifying new procedures and equipment.
- Reviewing work quality of Laboratory personnel to ensure a high quality of work in:
- Lab results validation, uncertainty, and conformity.
- Devices Recalibration and standardization preparation.
- Laboratory documentation revision /approval.
- Laboratory Commissioning and start up plans.
- Ensuring that all laboratory activities are performed in a manner that meets Company and relevant legislative requirements with particular attention to quality and HSE aspects.
- Providing required support to production chemistry and flow-assurance studies.
- Supervising quality control on chemicals treatment dosages performed by service companies.
- Collecting and evaluates data/results for production optimization.
- Ensuring that all contracts and contractors related to the laboratory activities are managed in line with company processes and procedures.
- Co-ordinating the preparation of laboratory budget planning, cost & performance reports and ensures the achievement of company targets.
- Checking of the incoming invoices and services against laboratory contracts budget.
- Ensuring the overall efficiency of Laboratory and Chemicals management in order to guarantee and optimize production, asset integrity, assure quality of produced fluids.
- Verifying chemicals injection operations and performance after implementing dosage and new chemicals recommendations.
- Providing day to day technical support to FPSO and facilities with the chemical's dosage program and laboratory tests.
- Implementing lab test methods and assure the in-use lab tests methods are up to date.
- Purchasing labware materials such as Chemicals, Equipment, and others.
- Give technical presentations and share knowledge.
- Provide input and recommendations for cost engineering requirements relative to Laboratory services and Chemicals contracts, costs forecasting according with the hydrocarbon and water production, preparing, and analyzing comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between the project forecasts and the budgets.
- Organizing, monitoring, and controlling project costs and will define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives, and Company procedures.
- Analyzing contractors' cost reports and extract required data for management reporting.
- Advising production manager on the quality of produced fluid and chemicals.
- Review/approve all laboratory procedures and review any new methodology and techniques might being required.
- Assisting with establishing and implementing the laboratory policies and procedures in accordance with Laboratory Management System and the requirements of the ISO9001 and ISO/IEC17025.
Location: Villahermosa, Tabasco
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or equivalent (relevant discipline).
- Comprehensive knowledge and extended experience in production laboratory analyses and testing (crude oil, gas and by-products processing and treatment);
- Sound knowledge in plant design, HC production process, water injection plants design, debottlenecking, revamping, and upgrading plants, plant construction
- Sound knowledge on production system design, oil and gas process facilities, production system engineering
- Knowledge on process design, process simulation, process review, oil and gas process treatment, upstream process, etc.
- Strong knowledge on analytical chemistry
- Strong Knowledge on production chemistry issues and related chemicals strategy to prevent and solve them in process conditions
- Well-versed in the safety aspect of chemical usage in laboratory analysis of oil & gas.
- Good working knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes
- Economics General, Cost estimating, budgeting, and forecasting
- Good knowledge of Production Chemistry for flow assurance and water management
- Basics of Petroleum Engineering knowledge
- Advanced Excel, Power point word knowledge.
- Oil & Gas industry experience, with extensive experience in Laboratory analyses of produced fluids and experience in production chemistry and chemicals management.
- Hands on experience in operating, calibrating, and maintaining state of the art of various laboratory equipment (Gas Chromatographs, AAS, ICP AES etc.).
- Good knowledge of English
, with frequent travels at site facilities. Contract type:
Fix Term 24 months, Monday to Friday
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual , continuous training , and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work life-balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen. Energy for action takers