About the Role:
The Technical Services Category Analyst
(CA) will work closely with Technical Services Teams (including IT, Cyber, Digital, Tech & Innovation, Reserves & Subsurface) and provide a variety of procurement support across all areas with a specific core responsibility of software license consolidations. The CA will make sure that all sourcing projects are in line with the relevant strategies and procedures. Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Acts as a focal point for software license consolidations for Technical Services in Houston / Americas.
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders in Americas, and at times in Australia.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures
- Engages with Legal function as required to ensure all non-company or deviated terms and conditions are reviewed in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provides procurement expertise using competitive sourcing methodology and in keeping with procurement laws and best practice
- Meets with key stakeholders routinely and proactively identifies sourcing and contract value opportunities.
- Develops relationships with customers to understand their work areas and implement aligned strategies to maximize savings.
- Manages the contract life cycle within area of responsibility.
- Initiates/Organizes and leads the negotiations with suppliers according to the desired objectives
- Targets delivery of best value solutions for consolidation activities
- Monitors savings and tracks the total number of consolidations across their port-folio and the Tech Services contracting team
- Triages Contractor or Vendor queries and escalates to the appropriate person/team for resolution; or resolves the query independently (as applicable)
- Manages Contract expiry dates and ceilings; makes recommendations to and coordinates with the contract owner for necessary actions for continuity of supply
- Ensures contracts are executed in accordance with regulatory and regional requirements
- Information Management focal point for the Tech Services contracting team including contract management system, Ariba, Sharepoint, WiRCS and JIRA as required
- Provides support and input to the Technical Services Contracting Team as requested by the C&P Manager and the USA Team Coordinator.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Computer Science/IT is desirable, but not essential. An alternative field of Bachelor's Degree combined with relevant experience will also be considered favorably.
- A minimum of 3 Years in IT / Technical Services Procurement; 8-10 years of relevant or transferrable professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of software and Technical Services more broadly i.e. experience in Telecom, licenses, SaaS, Cloud (PaaS, IaaS), IT services, end user compute, printing, data security & privacy considerations.
- Experience with RFx processes.
- Strong negotiation techniques - ability to deliver best value and / or lowest total cost of ownership.
- Create effective cooperation and added value by understanding and considering the needs of customers, patients and colleagues and creating a positive environment.
- Adapt to new situations to take advantage of new opportunities or to optimize current ways of working.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.