Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruitning for a Senior Planner
tojoin our team in Dubai, UAE
Skills / Qualifications
- To Implement best planning and scheduling practices in compliance with Wood procedures and provide assistance to the Lead & Principal Planners in the management of the Planning team
- Provides Planning focal point for specific project scopes
- Develop and maintain planning control structures in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Develop and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
- Provide copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements
- Provide copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements
- Produce and issue updates to project plans, schedules and project manpower requirements
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and analyse project performance in relation to planned performance.
- Attend internal project progress and performance status meetings as required
- Delegate and manage the work of subordinate Project Controls planning staff as required
- Provide guidance and support to subordinate project controls planning staff as required
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance with relevant planning procedure
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes
- Project schedules shall be maintained in accordance with approved contract and project Work Breakdown Structure.
- Project plans and schedules shall be issued in accordance with contract reporting calendar and on an as required basis.
- All project schedules shall be fully logic linked and show the critical path and total float for all activities.
- The project schedule shall be baselined at the time of approval by the client of funding for the project.
- All project schedules shall contain resources in accordance with the corporate standards
- Workpacks delivery milestones shall be clearly identified within the project schedules
- A standard set of agreed milestones shall be maintained within both the schedule and the cost reporting database
- Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in Oil & Gas industry with at least 8 years in Engineering planning positions
- Must have expert knowledge of manual and computerized project planning and scheduling techniques. P6 experience is necessary
- Knowledge and experience of design, implementation and Hook-up and Commissioning projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably in both onshore and offshore environments
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.