Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Construction Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Job Objective:
Lead the formulation and implementation of the overall Construction / Implementation Plan, developing a work packaging/purchasing strategy and performing those activities needed select sub-contractors, construct the facility and pre-commission it for startu p.
Involved in every stage, from initiation through commissioning and startup of a project.
Lead constructability input to engineering teams by optimizing construction knowledge and experience to reduce construction costs; improve quality, safety and productivity; shorten construction schedules; and reduce or eliminate construction inefficiencies.
Responsible for assisting with the development of the PMP/PEP, bid submissions, construction methodology and strategies.
Provide construction technical support to the customer and the Wood engineering team, throughout the FEED and detailed design phases of a project, acting as a technical authority in the construction discipline.
Provide guidance to project controls in developing the build sequence/construction schedule and proactively risk managing of the schedule.
Provides input to the contracting strategy and during bid clarification process. Act as team lead in the constructability team, overseeing conversion of engineering designs into construction workpacks and directing work of others.
Accountable for the delivery of construction deliverables to the required technical standards to support and facilitate site construction activities. Key Accountabilities:
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Oversee and act as approver for construction work packs, ensuring clear activity breakdown and detailed narratives for all construction activities are in place. Ownership and approval of the construction technical deliverables to the required technical standards.
- Contribute advanced discipline expertise to the ongoing development of project work methods, processes and team development.
- Act as point of escalation and resolution for constructability issues at scope survey and engineering stage.
- Accountable for delivery against agreed planned work scopes ensuring obligations are met by way of timely completion of work packs.
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Ensures all sub-contractors personnel, materials, plant, equipment, vendors, special tools, common user's services and consumables are correctly resourced and available.
- If identified, react to change in scope, inform necessary parties and complete the necessary change management documentation.
- Check installation quality and subsequent verification are completed in accordance with requirements.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
- Lead the ongoing development of project work methods, processes and team development
- Line management responsibilities including performance management and development for junior construction engineering team members.
- Interface with all on-site departments as required resolving problems, ensuring quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule
- Ensure construction activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule
- Provide the first point of contact for business interfaces on construction activities.
- Seek further business development opportunities with the client.
- Accountable for project safety management and performance.
- Manage the quality, delivery aspects of the project
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Typically qualified to ISCED Level 6 (Bachelors) in engineering or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
- Appropriate level of construction experience in relevant industry sector.
- Excellent technical knowledge of construction discipline and associated processes
- Ability to identify risk to delivery, build in and implement mitigation / contingency plans
- Expert level of experience of interpreting discipline documentation.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments (RA), Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) and Hazard Identification Studies (HAZIDS).
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of technical specifications
- Understands the business drivers within customer organisations and is able to influenced these through innovative designs and cost effective solutions.
- Experienced in supervising and managing others, able to effectively delegate work, motivate teams and manage performance Personal attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, commuication and team building skills.
- Safety first mindset, takes personal responsibility for safety of self and others and proactively coaches team to embed safety culture
- Very well organised, logical and thorough in approach
- Able to coach and mentor others to achieve high performing and technically competent delivery
- Role model Wood's values & behaviour
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.