Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Weatherford have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop/Warehouse Technician to join the team in Altens, Aberdeen. The Workshop/Warehouse Technician will have a responsibility to assist in the accurate, effective and timely picking of assets for load outs to meet both our internal and external customers for the fishing & re-entry services product line. They will also be required to enable all equipment to be picked and packed in a timely fashion to meet the stipulated deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To ensure that all material is picked efficiently, accurately and in accordance with company procedures and instructions.
- Steam cleaning of rental tools and equipment prior to inspection, repair and maintenance using chemical solutions to assist with the removal of grease and paint from Fishing and Re-Entry assets and inventory.
- Occasional use of power hand tools, for the use of buffing and grinding operations.
- Painting of assets ready to mobilise offshore.
- To ensure that all rental material is managed in the most cost-effective manner in accordance with company procedures and instructions and to complete accurately and on time all necessary documentation.
- To assist in the generation and capture of revenue by effectively controlling costs within your area by minimizing the use of 3rd party equipment.
- To participate in stock checks and other asset control measures.
- To participate in and to meet the objectives and training.
- To assist other departments in meeting their goals and objectives and to maintain a constant and effective level of communication with internal and external customers.
- Follow the agreed QHSE processes.
- Always maintain work area in a clean and safe manner to prevent any incidents or accidents.
- Identify potential hazards and monitor the condition of hand tools & machinery, communicating any discrepancies to the Workshop Coordinator.
- Responsible for QHSE within the area of accountability ensuring all personnel & contractors carry out work in safe manner using all recommended protective equipment.
- To ensure that cranes, forklifts, and other vehicles are operated in a safe manner and daily inspections carried out.
- To assist with control access and egress to and from the warehouse with particular focus on stock security, safety and effective control of goods inwards and despatch of equipment.
- Must always comply with safety personnel protective equipment requirements.
- To be prepared to work "on call" to meet operational requirements.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company's, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Materials control or warehouse experience.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be numerate, literate, and physically capable.
- Experience working in a materials warehouse picking, packing and despatch of equipment.
- To be able to identify equipment accurately and in accordance with company procedures and instructions.
- Competent to drive a forklift truck.
- Full UK Driving license.
- Capable of working using own initiative.
- Be able to complete accurately, and on time all necessary documentation.
- A team player with open and direct communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, and have the ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team towards achieving shared objectives, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Adaptable and flexible with regards to working hours.
- Ability to be on call.
- Reliable with good attendance and timekeeping.
- Relevant oil industry experience.
- Standard Grade English.
- Distribution, Warehousing & Storage Operations Level 2 or 3.
- Slinging or Overhead crane certificate.
- Relevant experience identifying Fishing & Re-Entry Services product line equipment.
- Equipment based knowledge.