Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fishing Tool Supervisor to join the team in Aberdeen. The Fishing Tool Supervisor will plan, co-ordinate, control and execute Weatherford Fishing & Re-entry systems at the well site in-line, they will also be responsible for the collection of the relevant rig-site data, measure and check all equipment, review all QA documents and third party rig-site equipment to determine that the operations can be safely executed as per the agreed procedure. The Fishing and Re-entry Field Supervisor is the primary point of contact for the customer at the well site, and the role is measured by the accurate fulfilment of job specific processes before, during and after equipment installation, and the quality of the customer interaction at the well site, they will be responsible for recording all job parameters while on the rig-site, allowing a full interpretation of the functionality of the utilized FRE equipment in relation to the well conditions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrate, through assessment and internal interactions, full understanding of equipment, systems and functionality, hydraulics and down-hole calculations and make themselves aware of the job reporting process through the Training Plans.
- Liaise with/supervise the on-site rig crew, to ensure correct equipment handling during operations. Supervise own crew where applicable.
- Utilize FRE equipment using proven and established working practices within the remit of Quality and Safety Management Systems.
- Ensure that all possible preparations have taken place, equipment is fit for use and all pre-installation checks/testing have been carried out. Also to ensure that all documentation and/or certification is relative to equipment.
- Maintain appropriate contact with client customer representative at the well-site and ensure that Onshore Operations are continually updated on current job status. Produce in depth reports of all well site activities prior to and during installation.
- Attend Field Supervisors' and/or Operations meetings to share and update on recent well-site activities and new equipment/processes/technical information. Also to be briefed on Weatherford business pertaining to operational activities.
- Attend pre-job briefing and debriefing meetings to update on customer requirements and/or parameters and communicate prepared reports to the relevant Operations Co-ordinators and assist in follow-up reporting/processing as required. De-briefs to be completed as soon as is practicable on return to base to minimise effect on ongoing operations.
- Promote Weatherford`s good name through customer interaction and a professional approach to the job in hand - fostering good relations for continued business.
- Communicate any Non Conformances via the correct QA procedures, gathering all relevant well-site data that will assist in Non-Conformance analysis.
- Where possible and necessary communicate with Operations Service Co-ordinator & Operations Manager any problems that may affect system integrity or lead to loss time or safety incidents at the well-site.
- Provide Company management with 24-hour contact/availability for all Weatherford operations.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company's, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as designated in Document 2-2-EW-GB-EDI-00001.
- Must possess a good level of general education in mathematics and English language.
- Must possess relevant experience in FRE (Fishing & Re-Entry) offshore operations, and ideally with some "stand-alone" status.
- Must have demonstrated a good knowledge of Rig Systems and Drilling Operations, Well Services Operations and/or Well Completions along with a full understanding of Down-hole Hydraulics and the ability to perform calculations related to the above.
- Must have demonstrated good supervisory skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Must have demonstrated an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources.
- Must have demonstrated basic keyboard and/or computer skills.
- Must be able to anticipate customer needs and be a key player in developing relationships.
- Must have a clear customer focus and be able to understand the variety of people and business cultures in different areas of the business and respond to them accordingly.
- Must be able to use the right information and/or systems and/or technology and be able to consistently identify and recommend improvements as appropriate.
- Must have a good commercial awareness.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills, both verbal and written.