Mechanical Component Engineer - Auxiliary Systems Do you enjoy being part of a successful team? Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line? Join our Turbomachinery Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock our full potential by bringing energy to the world. Partner with the best
As a Mechanical Component Engineer - Auxiliary Systems, you will work primarily in Mechanical engineering in the project execution of Turbomachinery auxiliary systems which includes, understanding the project scope of work, preparation of design summary, purchase specifications, preparation of 3D model, preparation of drawings, documents necessary for the scope of work within the stipulated timeline
As a Mechanical Component Engineer - Auxiliary Systems
, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Going through customer specifications in detail, understanding critical project requirements, and deriving all necessary requirements for the design of various Mechanical Auxiliaries according to BH best practices
- Collaborating with external engineering suppliers in the creation of basic engineering drawings of various Mechanical Auxiliaries items, foundation drawings, and managing 3D models.
- Reviewing of the above engineering drawings & 3D models. Also, Performing Structural analysis of baseplates using FEA tools [BDOT - BH Tool]
- Assigning & review static and dynamic analysis when the same is performed with Ansys software by external suppliers and create built to print drawings for the baseplate.
- Creating Piping line specifications using PUMA (BH Tool).
- Designing / sizing of the lube oil tank (API 614) and selection of Lube oil system components like pumps, LV motors, filters, accumulators, rundown tanks, and pressure control valves.
- Being responsible for the skid package design of Compressor & Steam turbine packages including package piping & support design, locking assembly, etc with due consideration to ergonomics, accessibility, and maintenance.
- Being responsible for the design of various external BOP skids that include Oil mist eliminators, Rundown oil tanks, and Seal gas treatment skids in collaboration with external OEM vendors.
- Owning the plant 3D model of the whole project, verifying interface across different products that constitute the project, shaping 3D model review meetings with customer
- Performing/reviewing stress analysis of piping & supports, where required.
- Extending support to FSE/ FPE during the installation & commissioning of the machine at the site.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a BE/BTech in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- Have 5 yrs of experience in Packaging of rotating equipment auxiliary equipment design, piping & support design/ analysis, and structural analysis.
- Have knowledge of piping design for ASME B31.1 & 31.3, Lube oil System sizing to API 614 code requirement.
- Have experience in Sizing calculations and valve selection.
- Be Proficient in NX modules; modeling, drafting, routing & assembly.
- Have hands-on 3D modeling/Detailing tools like UG NX, AutoCAD, and Analysis software like Ansys, Caesar, etc
- Be able to read & understand engineering documents (like P & ID, technical data sheets, and O&M manuals), Site service requests.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- A safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.