Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently inviting applications of Senior Electrical Engineers
with experience in oil and gas engineering for a client in Dubai.
The duration of this role is 12 months with possible further extension.
Below are some key responsibilities and duties:
Skills / Qualifications
- To participate in project scheduling and project review activities
- Provide engineering input during all design phases, including interpretation and challenge of standards
- Carry out calculations & studies required to finalize electrical equipment specifications
- Prepare requisitions and technical evaluation of bids for discipline material and equipment procurement
- Review vendor's document to ensure equipment vendors provide timely and quality input into design packages
- Preparation of design documents which includes SLDs, Protection & Control schematics and layout drawings
- Ensure design packages meet the relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic standards
- Actively communicate with other disciplines to optimize areas of interface, during the design development, review and check processes
- Support design/drawing office personnel with specialist engineering input
- Review all third party discipline design work
- Understand the contract quality management system and ensure these requirements are met
- Participate in and sometimes lead, discipline design reviews
- Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline
- Overall 10+ years of experience, out of which 5-8 years must be in the Oil and Gas sector / SPEL is additional experience required
- Fully coherent in all international codes and standards.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English is required
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn / Flexible with a can-do attitude
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.