Where you fit in
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior QA looking to expand their knowledge and be part of a strategic program that will revolutionize the business. You will be working on a Greenfield, Cloud hosted Endur implementation, playing a key role in managing various stages of testing.
You will be bringing your expertise to the team, working hand-in-hand with dedicated BA, SME's and developers to bring in best test practices, drive all the stages of test phases from end to end and ensure high quality delivery through the team. A sense of team ownership and empowerment will be fostered.
Not only this, but the expansive reach of this program will give individuals the opportunity to build the depth of their end-to-end trading life cycle experience and expand their knowledge into new commodities.What's the role?
As a Lead, you will be responsible to plan and undertake end-to-end test activities such as Strategizing testing for releases including estimations and resourcing in line with Project and Program needs, test script development, test execution & defects management.
This position has the following accountabilities:
What we need from you
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers/ Business Analysts in project to assess test scenarios and provide test requirements based on risk-based testing methodology
- Design and Develop Test strategy, Test plan, Test reporting, test conditions, test scripts, test data, and expected results for test streams, defect management, including Product Test, Integration Test, Technical Test and Deployment Test
- You will provide a consultation and implementation of practical approach to complex testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing
- You will be building up and leading the Testing Team to the success of project
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery
- Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the Testing Team
- Ensuring Test Delivery Assurance complying with Shell standard tools and framework
- Manage each sprints of the project implementation for various test phases with test team you build
- Ensure processes are defined for BAU in terms of test practice after successful go-live
We are keen to hear from the candidates with below skill set:
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance as Test Lead
- Significant experience in ETRM domain and Endur application
- Experienced in commodity trading business - Gas, Power, carbon, environmental products
- Experience in Testing Endur Core Functionality in various phases
- Experience in planning and readiness of test environments
- Proven experience in implementing and applying Behavior Driven Development (BDD) principles and practices in the testing
- Experience in functional, regression, non-functional, integration and migration testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience in Azure DevOps, cloud hosting methodology, and Kafka is a plus
- Experience in migration testing of solutions from on-prem to cloud hosted environments
- Experience in Monitoring solutions - Azure Insights / Grafana etc. is a plus
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part. An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.