This is an integrative Finance leadership role to deliver appropriate Finance support to Shell's Downstream business and its related joint ventures according to value & risk, directly and indirectly through a direct team and wider Finance.Where You Fit In?
As Treasury and Corporate Finance Manager, you are expected to lead with strong interfaces with Shell's Finance Operations (FO) and Center Of Excellence (COE) to support treasury activities, corporate statutory reporting and integrated performance management activities of the South Africa Group of companies. It is a senior finance role in country and works very closely with CFO, Country Chair and CCT in driving business performance and meeting the joint ventures shareholder's expectation on delivering on the SA business' priorities. You are expected to engage and interact with Board of Directors, shareholders and related joint venture leads and external stakeholders and banks.What's the role?
In this role, you will work closely with various teams in onshore connected finance teams, FO and COE who support SA such as the Legal entity Controllers, IPU Finance advisor, LSR teams, Tax, central treasury, cash management, credit and more and is expected to provide the required market leadership and line of sight support to the teams in FO/COE to the teams and foster a ONE Finance Team.
Finance Managers are the face of Finance to the business and functional lines. They own the delivery of the full range of Finance capability required in Finance functional activities and in independent business decision support. They ensure there is a proper functioning control framework and high-quality performance management system in place.
Your Accountabilities Include:
What we need from you?
- Focus on both the internal and external integrated reporting ensuring a robust integrated performance unit reporting, supporting the CFO in performance management of business and reporting to the various stakeholders including the Banks, Boards of Directors, shareholders as required in the shareholder agreements and funding agreements of SDSA and other joint ventures.
- Partner with Group central treasury managers and cash management teams to ensure adequate cash forecasting and provide quality insights into the design and execution of the funding strategies of SDSA. You're also expected to deliver quality inputs and good business performance insights into annual credit reviews with 7 the corporate large banks that provides corporate funding to SDSA.
- Support the IPU strategic projects as directed by the Country CFO and local leadership team.
- Demonstrate understanding of building and maintaining a strong One-Finance team approach leveraging FO and CoEs, and engaging directly with the business stakeholders and where directed representing finance on some of the IPU business opportunities.
- Acts as the faceof Finance for opportunities or challenges that cuts across the IPU prioritized based on value and risk e.g. driving cost efficiencies, margin performance and cash delivery.
- Delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets.
We're keen to hear from professionals with a qualified Chartered Accountant as accredited by the SAICA, with at least 8 years relevant Post qualification experience.
Beyond that, we'd like to see the following on your CV:
- Well-rounded set of core Finance skills including controls, reporting and accounting, value management, taxation, treasury and performance management-.
- Leadership skills in leading without defined authority of multi located diverse team.
- Thorough understanding of business activities, culture value drivers and risks, and a passion to understand and improve business performance.
- -Ability to effectively distinguish where Finance can make a substantial difference to the business outcomes, based on value and associated risks and priorities accordingly.
- The courage and capability to:
- Remain independent and protect value in business decision making and performance management even when this opposes the prevailing mood in the room.
- Control the amount of demand for work to ensure this is driven by a true need versus a want.
- Ensure discipline in process execution, within both Finance and the business.
- In prioritization make choices and choose not to do work that doesn't rank on a value and risk basis.
- Provide commercial edge as required.
Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment. Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers when available.
Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers . All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
To learn more about Shell's recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers .
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. COMPANY DESCRIPTION
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.