Where you fit in
You will be part of a highly energetic, passionate and experienced team focused on development and delivery of sustainable solutions, digital transformation tools and technologies that differentiate Shell and our third-party industry partners.
Shell Catalysts & Technology is a highly collaborative, customer centric organization with a focus on delivery of differentiated solutions; which provide recognized customer value. Shell Catalysts & Technology is the launching pad for Shell developed technologies and a technology solution provider focused on meeting our customer's needs through the energy transition.
The new business development team maintains a curiosity to learn, an awareness of sales excellence with the technical ability to understand customer needs; identify innovative solutions and build a strong technical value proposition. What's the role?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global energy company with in a highly skilled team that provides business development project leadership to deliver innovative technology solutions. That enable Shell's strategy and support our third-party customers' goals as they navigate through the energy transition.
This role reports to the VP New Business Development.
What we need from you
- Align with the Shell Catalysts & Technology Marketing strategy to identify and target solutions which deliver value for Shell and our customers
- Evaluate opportunity technical feasibility in support of the Business Development Technology Manager and build value propositions. Prioritize projects on technical feasibility and drive project delivery in close collaboration with various Shell Stakeholders (R&D, New Energy Decarbonization, Renewable Fuels, etc)
- Communicate the New Business Development process and engage business stakeholders in developing concepts for the combined organization
- Develop and provide a coherent strategic reporting framework to monitor the integrated business progress in delivery of the Catalyst and Licensing organization growth strategy for utilization in the strategy implementation governance process. This framework will provide a means to measure the added value gained through the business unit growth synergies in support of the strategic initiative
- Effectively communicate the global business strategy, NBD process and delivery progress to the global organization including key stakeholders. Act as a global liaison with the marketing, commercial and technical organization to communicate both competitive, market and technology drivers
- Support New Business Development Initiatives and work with the global NBD team to deliver identified opportunities. Contribute to technology development for CO2 and New Energy pillar delivery
- Conduct project potential value analysis and strategic value to the Organization with a focus on Shell strategic alignment. Monitor progress of opportunity key milestones with clarity on the success of the technology delivery funnel
- Coordinate the provision of Competitive Intelligence for specific NBD projects and external insights for the business to ensure that relevant leaders have an external perspective to assist in key decisions
- Must have legal authorization to work in the Netherlands on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Degree level qualifications, ideally in Chemical Engineering or Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Relevant experience in a technical role preferably in Chemicals, Refining or environmental technologies
- Advanced knowledge of technology in chemicals, refining or environmental to develop a technology roadmap and utilize resources to build a significant rNPV return
- Dynamic messenger to communicate techno economics and promote new ideas and opportunities to obtain commensurate funding
- Demonstrated history of project delivery and ability to manage complex stakeholder engagement and alignment
- This position requires high-level/strategic thinker, which can recognize the links between wide ranging issues and assimilate disparate facts into a coherent strategic vision
- Demonstrate natural tendency to think out-of-the-box with an ability to work equally well with abstract, high-level concepts (as well as) drill down to operational detail with an open mind
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to engender trust, credibility and respect. As well as act with courage and credibility to deliver honest challenges and defend such positions at senior management level
- Ability to present complex analyses and concepts clearly/succinctly
- Willingness to travel and self-motivated to work independently in a virtual world
- Dynamic communication skills and familiarity with Commercial Delivery
- Up to 20% Travel for this role
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone applies when they don't feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.