Stabbert Maritime is a Seattle-based maritime company with locations in Seattle and Anacortes. Stabbert Maritime owns and operates a worldwide fleet of vessels, focused on providing unique maritime solutions for its customers. Stabbert Maritime is seeking a Port Captain for its Operations Division. The Port Captain will work closely with the shore-based management team to direct and coordinate the vessel logistics and operations for their assigned vessels.
- Ensures safe operation of vessels.
- Coordinate daily issues with clients ensuring a maximum level of customer service is offered and maintained.
- Interface with Technical Services and Project Development Manager, Port Engineers, and vessel Senior Staff on technical and regulatory issues.
- Ensure purchasing, HR, regulatory, HSE, and logistics for vessels are effectively coordinated and performed.
- Works with program managers to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Track all vessel regulatory requirements
- Assist with accident investigations as needed
- Interface with Captain/Senior Officers regularly and participate in client/vessel conference calls.
- Interface with Technical Services Team to ensure vessels have required engineering and technical support.
- Understand charter contracts and ensure the vessel(s) are meeting the requirements of the charter contract.
- Represent the company at pre-job meetings.
- Organize pre-project Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Assist in the development of daily operating costs for the vessel(s) as needed.
- Monitor vessel operating budgets against monthly actual performance.
- Assist in creating annual vessel operating budgets.
- Responsible for adherence to the vessel's annual operating budget and presenting B&A to Senior Vessel Management
- Assist COO as requested in supporting client relationships at the top level.
- Review charter invoicing for accuracy.
- Support a culture of collaboration between the crews and shore-side support teams.
- Must have a US passport.
- 10+ years as Vessel Master
- Ability to connect and communicate with all levels.
- Working knowledge of vessel systems, SMS, and vessel regulatory
- License Requirements - USCG Masters Endorsement preferred
- Results-oriented, self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Strong ability to organize and communicate with others
- Strong work ethics, values, and principles with safety as the first priority
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Salary $120,00 - $140,000
- Bonus program