Overview / Responsibilities Senior HVAC Engineer - Glasgow Based
Wood Process & Energy are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Engineer with an extensive background in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning to support our Engineering & Design teams across various Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Hydrogen, Petrochemical, Refinery and new Energy industry project scopes on a permanent, staff basis. Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The opportunity will cover all aspects of project phases ie Concept, FEED, Detailed Design for EPC / EPCm frameworks in a high profile position, part of a significant growth group with ambitious plans, providing key support to operational plant as part of an integrated multi-discipline team on larger projects. What we can offer:
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business, join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession.
- Flexible benefits package; c ompetitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market, in clusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Key Responsibilities:
- Act as HVAC and Mechanical Engineer on the assigned Projects to manage workload and budgets, respond to client requirements, supervise and manage work undertaken by other members (HVAC Designers) of the team, s upport other disciplines for HVAC Equipment information, mechanical room layout etc. suit for the application as required.
- Prepare HVAC / Building Service Performance Specifications, HVAC Equipment Schedule, HVAC / Building Service Calculation, General Arrangement / Layout / Detail of HVAC / Building Service, HVAC System Engineering Flow Diagram & Control Narratives, Material Requisitions and Sub - contract Requisitions of HVAC / Building Service Work and Equipment etc.
- Act as originator (or checker) and approver (where necessary) for all HVAC engineering deliverables (philosophies, specifications, datasheets, calculations, studies, reports, VDRFs etc), whilst following all operational procedures.
- Acting as discipline checker and approver (where necessary) for all HVAC 'Design' deliverables (D&IDs, DFDs, GAs etc), whilst following all operational procedures.
- Coordinating with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring that other departments input is incorporated, reviews associated system drawings, Basis of Design (BOD), Project Execution Plan (PEP) and all relevant client provided data.
You will also:
- Ensures equipment compliance with package electrical, structural and instrument specifications, as well as applicable code requirements and national / international standards.
Skills / Qualifications
- Performs sizing of HVAC equipment to the degree necessary for the stage of project in order to meet project requirements
- Performs Criticality Ratings for equipment packages
- Evaluates bids & prepares technical bid evaluations and provides input to joint purchase recommendation
- Reports on work status/problem areas/needs on a weekly basis
- Supporting vendor visits and inspections as required
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, various projects, preferably chartered with an appropriate institute.
- Demonstrable experience working of HVAC, Mechanical Design in Building Service, Clean room etc. for Process Plant Project (Refinery / Chemical / Petrochemical / Power / Oil & Gas), Manufacturing factory and Industrial Project.
- Strong Experiences of HVAC Design, Mechanical Design in Build Service and Engineering work with some experiences on site construction, start-up commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of recognized industry codes and standards e.g. ASHRAE, ANSI, ASME, ISO, API, NFPA etc
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can do and a desire to win
- Possesses a good interpersonal skills with Excellent English communication
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.