Overview / Responsibilities Senior Procurement Specialist - Glasgow, Aberdeen or Stockton Based
Wood Process & Energy are now expanding our Supply Chain Team to ensure delivery of a major Oil & Gas project in our Aberdeen, Glasgow or Stockton office, as part of the opportunity we will accommodate a hybrid working arrangement. To support our growth we anticipate the need for a Senior Procurement Specialist to support our Supply Chain Lead on a permanent, staff basis. Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our client.
The opportunity will ensure execution of specific aspects of supply chain management including expediting, procurement, subcontracts, negotiation and reporting of major procurement packages / subcontracts. What we can offer:
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business, join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession.
- Flexible benefits package; c ompetitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market, in clusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Key Responsibilities:
You will also be responsible for:
- Accountable for the successful delivery of all supply chain activities that they are responsible for
- Organise technical and commercial clarifications meetings with bidders and prepare and finalise commercial bid evaluations
- Ensuring purchase orders are issued within planned deadlines and expediting of orders to ensure on time delivery
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all times
- Provides guidance, direction and support to the reporting personnel in delivery of their specific responsibilities
- Capture all internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan
- Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and procedures are complied with and all actions are fully auditable
Skills / Qualifications
- Providing guidance, direction and support to all relevant stakeholders on both Woods and the suppliers specific contractual obligations and responsibilities.
- Ensuring all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution, plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures.
- Updating the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the supply chain lead.
- Attending regular PSR meetings with client, engineering and / or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables within their portfolio are being maintained.
- Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection.
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to ISCED Level 6 (Bachelor Degree or Equivalent), CIPS qualified or industry equivalent preferred but not essential
- Record of skills training appropriate for job specific role
- Detailed knowledge of Suppliers, Commercial Evaluations, Negotiations and Terms and Conditions of Purchase / Contract
- Subcontract Agreements and Framework Agreements
- Industry forms of Subcontract and ERP systems
- Client contract requirements
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Commercial Evaluations, negotiations and terms and condition qualification
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply chain department
- Positively maintain relationships with suppliers, clients and other disciplines
- Planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude
- Adaptability and Problem Solving skills
- Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities and successful drive through change
- Work as part of project execution team
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.