Where do you fit in
If you are a sales savvy with experience in handling and partnering with distributors, pricing and channel development, this is your chance to be part of B2B Indirect Channel Transformation Journey.
As the Indirect Channel Account Manager, you will be leading our efforts to engage Key Distributor Partners to drive B2B Indirect Channel Ultimate Potential through shifting to a Sell-out Focused strategy and execution:
What's the role?
- Partnering with Distributors to grow market share
- Responsible for detailed daily monitoring and tracking of business KPIs with clear identification of gaps and actions needed to address gaps
- Work closely with Indirect Channel Excellence (ICE) to establish true market potential and New Distributor Pipeline Building
- Collaborate with Pricing/Trade/Brand Marketing and Technical to deliver value selling, differentiation, competitively priced offers vs competition
What do we need from you?
- Collaborate with ICE to establish the true market/sector potential for Distributor Primary Area of Responsibilities (PAR)
- Lead growth in SPANCOP process by monitoring daily Distributor Sales Representative (DSR) visits and the effectiveness of sales calls to potential targets
- Detailed daily monitoring and tracking of business KPIs and identify gaps/actions needed to close gaps against targets set
- Collaborate with Pricing to establish Shell's products sold are competitive to the market. Collaborate with Trade Marketing to design and deliver attractive volume-driving and premiumization Trade Offers to capture more market share
- Work closely with Brand Marketing and Technical to deliver differentiated B2B services, including training/coaching Distributor Technical Advisor (DTA) and DSR
- Track the performance using prescribed data analytics tools and communicates the same to relevant stakeholders in DILO, WILO, MILO and QBR to address gaps
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build a constructive relationship with Distributors
- Sales experience in FMCG/related Distributor Management with proven success in developing a profitable business
- Marketing, Finance, Operations and/or Business Knowledge much preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Key Account Management
- Good knowledge in Project Delivery, Generating Insights and Managing Customer Experience
- Strong skills in Selling & Negotiations, Channel Management, Customer Value Proposition, Commercial and Economic Acumen, Pricing and Exposure Management, and Contract Management
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia's progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia's future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
O Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World's first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
O Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell's strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell . An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
O We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
O We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
O We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.