Where you fit In
Rashpetco/Burullus is a Joint Venture company operating Egypt's largest gas fields. The JV is the operator of two fields which supplies gas to the National Grid for internal use and to the ELNG Plant adjacent to the field for export. Shell is a major partner in both Rashpetco/Burullus & ELNG. What's the role?
The Operations Support AGM is a rotational position based at Idku Gas Terminal, providing a focused operational support function across all Rashpetco operated facilities within the Idku Site and Offshore.
The Operations Engineer shall deliver the following:
What we need from You
- Site Process Focal Point for the Ensure Safe Production (ESP)
- Leading the Proactive Technical Monitoring and Alarm Management Processes
- Focal Point for the MOC process; responsible for assessing all modification proposal and coordinating with the Engineering Team
- Responsible for the Overrides Management (long term, short term)
- Frontline production operations team member, responsible for the day-to-day operations and safe execution of all activities on the onshore facility and the subsea network.
- Control of Work and managing the PTW system. Fulfill the role of Permit Coordinator as required.
- Assist in the design of Process and Mechanical Isolations as required.
- Close monitoring of the operating parameters of the plant process equipment and identify the excursions outside the operating envelope.
- Close monitoring and analysis for the process parameters in gas and liquid trains, to overcome process upsets
- Develop and / or update site operating procedures for the process units
- Production surveillance and analysis for wellbore parameters inferring any well integrity, flow assurance or blockage issue
- Close monitoring for the subsea production system to overcome flow assurance problems (hydrate, wax, etc...)
- Coordination between different discipline maintenance teams for executing preventative maintenance work orders
- Partial shutdown preparedness for trains and units through isolation, de-isolation plans, purging, venting, etc...
- Support SIMOPS planning
- Participate in Operational risk assessments and Job hazard analysis
- Participate in the monthly Alarm rationalization sessions
- Participate in the RCA investigations for the units and trains outages and the plant unplanned shutdown
- HAZOP action close out support
- Degree level Engineer or equivalent technical certifications and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge in the operation of oil and gas production and processing facilities.
- Leadership & influencing skills.
- Sufficient knowledge of wider technical issues to be able to solve technical operational challenges.
- knowledge of key HSSE processes (Risk Assessment, HAZOP, PTW, CoW)
- Culturally aware and able to communicate with and influence people at all levels
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential
Attributes & Behaviours:
- A high level of resilience
- Good communicator able to effectively interface with individuals & groups at all levels of the organization
- A team player
- Flexible leadership
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to draw on expertise from both internal and external resources.
- Excellent networking skills.
Work pattern 14/14 rotation Company Description
Shell Egypt offers a portfolio of capacity building programs for Egyptian community targeting youth at high school, university and fresh graduates levels up to middle management level. The Programs include different offerings in STEM Education Like NXplorers Program, Shell Eco Marathon, Imagine the Future, in addition to its flagship entrepreneurship program Intilaaqah. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part. An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.