Where you fit
Real Estate (RE) manages the Group's Real Estate portfolio, Shell Business Operations and Corporate Travel programme. Strategic intent is to enable Shell Businesses to deliver on their goals by creating safe, secure, and productive environments that allow people to perform at their best.
The rapidly growing RE scope is one of the globe's largest RE portfolios and includes offices, industrial / labs and accommodation for Shell Businesses, Projects, and Ventures. With over 600 staff, 8000 contractors and $1.2 billion spend (opex/capex), RE has a daily impact on over 82,000 employees and contractors by creating inspiring experiences. We contribute to Shell's world class investment case by driving a cost-competitive real estate portfolio, and more sustainable footprint through improved energy efficiencies and more renewable power.
Shell's RE team of professionals has established a strong reputation as mature Corporate Real Estate organisation, delivering portfolio strategies, commercial transactions, capital projects, facility and business operations services and travel support to the various Shell Businesses and Functions in all parts of the world. Therefore, RE continues to seek the best talent across Shell to become part of our team, and to help us meet these dynamic and growing business needs.
Operational Excellence is a key global capability within RE and is responsible for enabling global RE integration and delivery of functional excellence through the provision of an integrated operating platform and solutions - People, Process, Technology, Strategy.What's the role?
Real Estate Systems Analyst for IWMS (Integrated Workplace Management Systems) is a critical support for business success and a key part of the RE Information strategy & roadmap. The purpose of this role is to (i) support data & system integration (ii) ensure a high data quality and (iii) information risk management to enable best in class performance measurement within RE. Real Estate Application & Data Specialist role enables execution of the RE Information strategy & roadmap through performance measurement and ensuring RE is connected on information across Shell.
Real Estate Systems Analyst owns, designs, monitors and integrates performance matrix to drive world class performance in RE with the right controls & assurance in-place. The role supports global RE teams, RE regions and business partners to ensure delivery of operational excellence in RE.
Real Estate Systems Analyst role will be responsible the optimal performance of RE systems & use of information. Real Estate Systems Analyst ensures that data in RE is credible, reliable, readily available, and used to generate insights to drive better decision making in Shell and RE. The Real Estate Systems Analyst delivers an IT platform and business apps that efficiently supports process execution and decision making with integrated MI in Shell and RE. This will include:
- Information Architecture
- IT Strategy & Systems/Apps
- Data Gathering & Publishing
- IRM/Business Records Mgt.
- Knowledge Management
- Process, Data and IT integration
- Establishing a strong foundation within the network organization for key change programs is essential, looking at value creation on an end-to-end basis, via:
Supporting stronger information connectivity between RE Functions and its Business Partners as well as identifying additional value creation opportunitiesWhat we need from you
- Minimum Diploma or bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Your experience on working with Business systems and Apps using defined and standard processes to drive outcomes and your attention to detail will be welcome.
- Ensure that the systems and process are systematically aligned & integrated with stakeholders (suppliers & staff) and business partners that allows planning, monitoring and execution that promotes delivering one common vision and enables two-way communications for better business outcomes
- Act as custodian to monitor performance through structured performance assessments that enables RE to drive for better business outcomes.
- Drive upgrades and Projects from Business perspective to successful completion.
- Connect the Global & Regional teams on common goals & delivery, as well identifying new opportunities.
- Respond to support requests and Wishlist items from application superusers. Advise on "how to" questions, and issues, resolve application issues.
- Develop training material. Lead virtual and F2F training courses in application usage.
- Raise incident and problem tickets with IT. Track resolution and escalate when appropriate. Communicate status to end users. Verify solutions from IT.
- Gather functional requirements from users (or from own experience). Express requirements in specific terms for understanding by IT. Consider impact of requirements on business process and the wider application integrity. Account for compliance considerations.
- Support challenge based on actionable (accurate) information & data that drives strategic business decisions within and outside Real Estate.
- Provide expertise, technical leadership and system & information knowledge to help embedding a professional Systems, Data & Information capability 'in the line'
- Develop and maintain data and information governance in the areas of; Application Platform, Data Quality and Ownership, Enhanced Integration & Collaboration and Innovative Information Development.
- Create/Maintain and cost and delivery effective IT/applications that facilitate the current business processes and information demand.
- Jointly with IT ensure transparency on value delivered via the partnering initiatives and use to drive accountability with responsible parties.
- Can demonstrate external focus, simplicity, and speed of delivery.
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit is an added advantage.
- Exposure to Chatbot (AI) and Office App functional Support is added advantage
- A continuous improvement mindset to increase efficiency and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Be a strong team player by actively contributing to deliver a common goal, sharing experiences and best practice to deliver together.
- Strong appreciation for cultural diversity, with excellent reputation in dealing with, working, and inspiring staff of multiple nationalities and related cultural backgrounds, underpinned by an ability to get things done through your forged good working relationships.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder skills
- Learner Mindset - Role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes.