Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
If you want to play a role in China's energy transition, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Where y ou f it i n
The Contract & Procurement (CP) Lead Mobility IT is responsible for managing relationships and interfaces with the Shell China Mobility/ Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise ( WOFEs) and extended JVs stakeholders to provide pro-active strategic procurement and contracts management of all goods and services supplied by third party IT vendors within the country. In addition to the commercial responsibilities, the role is responsible for ensuring CP processes are efficient and effective in line with Contract Management and Contract & Procurement (CMCP) and WOFE & JV policies and able to identify the synergy and leverage from Cluster or Pan scale, with right buying channel, in particular the competitiveness of trading house and its associated monitoring and controls. This is to support the China Mobility 2030 aspiration in network expansion and digitalization journey with 5K sites target and 35K charging position for WOFEs & JVs.
The CP Lead Mobility IT shall ensure the effective, focused & efficient delivery of Procurement Category Strategies and Contract Management across the IT categories for China Mobility. Be able to identify and drive areas of collaboration with different legal entities. This is expected to provide CP expertise, with strong commercial influence, in the areas of market intelligence analysis, strategy development, cost modelling, deal making, contracting, and post award contract management in IT category as well as ensure the compliance of end to end procurement activity. . What is the role?
The CP Lead Mobility IT will be resposible for the following:
What we need from you?
- Responsible for country Target & Resources (T&R), Cost Improvement, Cash-In Revenue, Incremental Revenue and Enterprise Value Contributions for IT category under direct responsibility for Shell China Ltd. (SCL) & WOFE as well as indirect JV partners.
- Maintain close collaboration, while strictly adhere to Antitrust policy, with JV Partners in identifying business/market opportunities and right data/info flow.
- Ensure Trading house optimum strategy to be developed and buying channel are rightly adopted with post award monitoring and control in place.
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for Shell China Mobility which meets the Business Demand in different legal entities while able to identify optimization opportunities and take the leverage with Pan China or Cluster WOFE perspective
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance with the CMCP as an overall end to end process and 'guidance', including contract development and record keeping of related documentation.
- Ensure delivery & effective contract management while continuously drive enterprise value contribution, cost improvement, cash-in revenue and incremental revenue targets, as well as to identify new opportunities.
- Be responsible for the development of the IT category strategy, sourcing & contract execution, contract management and management of value delivery.
- Maintain sound understanding of the local supply markets in the country, the cost drivers and the major suppliers in Fleet solution and IT/Digitalization Category.
- Lead the process of ensuring that the appropriate level of post award Contract Management is developed, reviewed and executed for qualifying contracts.
- Ensure contract strategy and address and support Information Risk Management (IRM) through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Shell's data privacy and information risk requirement.
- Set-up, operate and manage procurement tools like Ariba, GSAP, Local SAP and manage Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) performance through our HSSE Contractor Accreditation System (where applicable).
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal business partners (Shell China Mobility Business, including WOFEs, New Business Development team) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve recommendations and/or constructively challenging the Business Demand and/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization. Additional, exploring and realize opportunity of synergy to bring both efficiency and effectiveness to the organization.
- Maintain a good understanding of the country's local supply market, mapping to the global supply market, cost drivers and key vendors in the IT category. Have a high awareness of supply chain risks.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g. operations, cost, revenue).
- Provide coaching, support and guidance to other team members, including, esp JV/WOFE CPs, to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Ensure strong connect across the wider CP Organization (e.g. CP Ops team, GC CP team, Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Lead or work with CP Leads, Category Managers & Mobility Business in implementing cost reduction initiatives, driving continuous improvements (CI) and local business projects.
- Supporting Mobility business in the country with the intention of improving operational excellence, data management, standardization, business assurances and ensure that all CP activities are fully compliance with Downstream CMCP, Ethics & Compliance (E&C) and that all Requisition to Pay KPIs are met.
An innovative place to work
- Bachelor's degree coupled with relevant Contracting and Procurement work experience
- Strong procurement experience i.e. strategy development & execution, negotiations, contract & supplier performance management.
- Familiar with Mobility & venture business, preferably with sound understanding of the Mobility Digitalization & Marketing business direction and strategy.
- Good leadership with strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence people across all levels (ability to lead and influence sometimes disparate teams, ability to break down barriers).
- Proven experience in negotiations with third party vendors and/or customers (commercial experience including planning and executing negotiations). Awareness or experience of supply chain risk management is preferred
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation, cybersecurity and commercial issues.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification would be preferred but not mandatory.
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.