- Provides functional and thought leadership and expertise for Scheduling Excellence in Chemicals and Products.
- Acts as primary technical expert for E&S Scheduling tool (currently Aspen's APS/Orion), supporting site Scheduling teams. (Scheduling and Blending)
- Supports practitioners with urgent problem solving to ensure business continuity and escalates to central TBI Optimization Advisors or 3rd Party vendor as appropriate.
- Implements new advanced simulation and optimization capabilities and better representation (including visualization) of process plants in Scheduling tools.
- Supports in the assurance that scheduling models are lean, up to date and changes are communicated amongst Scheduling and Planning Advisors and EMC's to ensure alignment between PIMS, Orion and MBO models.
- Provides support to configure all existing and new reports from the tools. Supports programming, testing, enhancements, configuration, maintenance of non-IT supported data input and Solution reports.
- Maintain best practice recommendations in a structured fashion and help propagate these within the E&S practitioner community for Scheduling and Blending.
- Support in effective backcasting activity and practices that ensures the health and fidelity of the relevant submodels, databases, data tables, model logic, stream routings, blend rules and properties, with the intent of constantly driving optimal solutions and decision making by the practitioners.
TRAINING / DEVELOPMENT
- Supports with the onboarding of new employees with scheduling tools and all relevant FPP work processes.
MARGIN OPTIMIZATION STUDIES
- Support with structured margin improvement interventions and ensures / assists with implementation of recommendations as relevant with Scheduling and Blending capability of sites.
- Ensures validation of data flows of daily baseline data interface configurations (PI and LIMS), all movement interface configurations and all hourly plant data (PI and LIMS) into the 'model accuracy' graphs (configuration, troubleshooting, and display)
- Coordinate data interface bug fixes or enhancements with IT.
INSTALLATIONS AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- Provides business advice to DS IT regarding Scheduling/Blending PC software installations and helps troubleshooting where needed
- Configure and support maintenance of Add-ons (with data tables/files) for standard and site relevant work-processes.
- Coordinate Add-on bug fixes or enhancements, Beta Testing and User Acceptance testing with IT.
- Coordinates database table purge requirements (retention days/dates) to stay consistent with site work processes and to prevent the database size from causing failures in MDB backup creation.
- Corroborates with IT to ensure all SQL and MDB backup creations are complete and routine (which involves oversite/monitoring).
- Provides site database user account management, including user group model/event permissions configuration setup and changes.
- Provides maintenance, programming, and updating of the site MDB Pass-through database (including up-to-date AspenTech data queries).
GENERAL E&S SUPPORT
- Ensures compliance with the requirements and consistent application of the FPP planning work processes in AMS and assists with the closure of recommendations.
- Scheduling Advisor will lead regional Scheduling networks with support from a sponsoring E&S Manager.
Skills & Requirements
- Networks will play a key role in the new organizational setup to ensure peer-to-peer collaboration and support between the various sites, as well help in ensuring best practices in the relevant areas are being pursued at all sites.
- The Advisor will network with their colleagues in the East and Americas regions to ensure inter-regional connectivity.
- Engineering degree or equivalent, with relevant refinery oil and gas experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience with at least 5 years either in refinery planning and scheduling space working with planning tools or Software Industry associated with developing product and tools for Refinery Planning and Scheduling space
- Must have mastery level experience in APS
- Has deep knowledge around the utilization of hydrocarbon and refinery economic value drivers
- Able to demonstrate commercial mindset to identify and drive margin opportunities to delivery
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Team player and self-motivated.