Where do you fit in
Progress towards a powerful future with Shell as a key partner of our global Supply Chain and Contracting & Procurement team, where you directly impact our value chain and help us achieve our ambition of net-zero emissions.
As a Contracting & Procurement Commercial Lead
, we offer the opportunity to be part of a highly dynamic and innovative organization. You will have a global reach as you operate commercially through our digitalized platforms that contributes to a low-carbon Supply Chain. Experience how we power lives by prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of our Supply Chain communities.
Here, we foster a diversified, equitable and inclusive culture that offers an environment for growth and development, but most importantly you will be inspired and encouraged to be yourself!What's the role?
The purpose of Commercial Lead is to develop sourcing strategies and tactics based on a deep understanding of the current situation of the business, the business strategy and drivers, the local supplier market and global strategies.
The commercial lead enables stakeholders in the Supply Chain to understand the intent of contracts, optimize the use of contracts, manage Contract(or)s for performance and remove waste. A Commercial Lead is expected to manage complex portfolio of Tactical and Operational contracts (up to 40% Tactical spend) and to handle new demands assigned to Class of Business and category/categories according to Category Management Contracting & Procurement (CMCP) guidelines.1. Contracting & Sourcing
: Able to drive complex contract management solutions and influence decision making for management of strategic assets by recommending the optimal contracting strategy, commercial models & effective contract management tactics based on the identified supply chain risks and opportunities.
Supply Chain Intelligence : Plan, optimize and execute end to end sourcing activities by conducting should-cost modelling, supplier industry analysis factoring in business needs and advise on category management strategy.
Responsible Supply Chain: Proficient at evaluating suppliers' performance in areas such as human rights, labour practices, environmental sustainability, health & safety, business ethics, to make conscientious and accountable procurement decisions2. Deal Making/Negotiations
: Able to develop strategy and lead cross-functional negotiations based on the analysis of the stakeholder landscape and drive total cost reductions for the business. This includes defending category-specific risk and resolving conflicting negotiation positions while maintaining relationships.3. Commercial Acumen:
Capable in motivating decision making by combining deep market intelligence, understanding the impact of trends to the business and the capacity to develop a robust supplier network.
Ability to champion Supply Chain Resilience by creating a network and/or ecosystem that can effectively absorb, adapt, recover from, and withstand various forms of disruptions.4. Business Partnering:
Be a thought partner and create organizational value by developing trust-based relationships and provide insight on integrated value and risk to facilitate strategic partnerships.5. Operations Excellence & Compliance:
This role is expected to deliver value using the provisions of the Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP). In addition, drive continuous improvement in process performance and eliminate inefficiencies while safeguarding Shell's license to operate in line with our policies, laws, and regulations.Accountabilities
What do we need from you?
- Design and improve assigned supply chains with business partners, starting with inhouse/outsource choices and (re)designs, the contracting strategy and commercial tactics and post award contract management.
- Work closely with Category Managers and key stakeholders within various Shell Businesses and Functions to execute Category Management commercial work plans, assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions.
- Develop and implement pragmatic procurement strategies and tactics based on regularly updated cost models, business requirement and supplier industry analyses.
- Drive total cost reductions and value beyond 'the usual' (cash preservation/cost savings/process efficiency). Identify opportunities in the contract portfolio to create more value and/or to eliminate waste.
- Determine the right remuneration model (e.g. output-based contract) to encourage the right behaviors and expectations from suppliers to optimize alignment of supply chain and asset delivery.
- Deliver Operational Excellence in the development of contracting strategy to post award contract management. This includes management of cycle times in accordance with business needs and ensuring CP operations organization and CP Operations managed processes are easy to work with.
- Drive Continuous Improvement principles to create a performance culture. Drive and support the CP Compliance with processes and regulations. Implement standard processes, methodologies, tools, and enablers.
- Drive compliance to the CMCP, Code of Conduct, commercial assurance and group assurance processes.
- Drive and leverage digitalization of CP operations. Improve usage of digital tools and insights to deliver business value and efficiency. Be forefront in driving digitalization and right first-time data ownership.
- Proficiency in the Thai language is a must.
- Proven experience in e2e sourcing and contracting management including tender evaluation with the ability to adjust global strategies to current local business and market conditions. (4-7 years of professional CP experience - Contract Strategy building and Post-Award process,)
- Seasoned professional with solid entrepreneurial and commercial mindset preferably gained from 'hands-on' front-line Procurement or Supply Chain roles .
- Uncompromising discipline to Safety, Ethics & Compliance, Code of Conduct, Laws & Regulations when delivering business outcomes.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills to foster relationships with diverse interfaces, build trust and credibility, essential for cross-functional collaboration and performance.
- Highly motivated and determined to strategically perform and continuously improve.
- Not a requirement but is an added advantage to be professionally certified by CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) or its equivalent.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
O We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
O We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
O We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.