Ambition and Shell Energy
Shell wants to lead the way as a key energy partner for customers, governments and suppliers, in the Energy Transition and has committed to very ambitious targets to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050 or sooner. Shell Energy is active in more than 20 European countries and is one of Europe's key energy suppliers and traders. Our European team covers more than 1000 customers and trades more than 3500 TWhs of gas and power.
Shell Energy and New Energies have the ambition to substantially grow the European B2B/C&I Gas and Power supply and sales business, with a strong focus on supporting customers and partners in their journey towards their carbon emissions and sustainability targets. We aim to help our business partners to achieve the full potential of their portfolio.
Germany is one of the key markets in Europe with an important role to play in the Energy Transition of Royal Dutch Shell as well as of the Shell Energy/New Energies businesses.The Role
The role focuses on growing Shell's footprint in the German energy market, achieving gross margin targets through origination activity with third parties and Shell entities, primarily looking for Gas, Power Green Energy Sales opportunities in Germany, but also supporting Shell Energy in originating and developing more complex structured deals to build a rich and sustainable portfolio.
The Gas & Power Originator will work closely with the Green Energy Manager to develop the best possible packages (incl. Energy Solutions), contributing to the Customer Carbon Reduction. The incumbent will collaborate with the Pricing Manager and Portfolio Management Team to optimize and structure deals and will furthermore work with the wider commercial teams in Shell Energy (Trading and BD), Shell Deutschland and New Energies to leverage the full potential Shell can offer as a company.
This role is an exciting opportunity for the incumbent to be part of the Energy Transition by actively shaping and developing and originating our energy portfolio in one of the core markets of Shell in Europe. Dimensions:
- Contribute to Team P&L through close team work as per agreed targets
- Identify, develop, and execute gas/power opportunities to grow Shell's energy portfolio and I&C business in Germany
- Lead negotiations with external counterparties and work with highly experienced multicultural project teams of gas, power and energy solutions professionals and identify, create and monetise optimisation opportunities
- Work closely with commercial teams in Shell Energy, New Energies and Shell Deutschland to maximize opportunities with key accounts active in Germany
- At least 5 years of experience in the German and European power market and/or in a trading business is a key requirement for this role and an external and solution-focussed mindset
- Incumbent is required to have a very strong network in the European and German Power market
- At least 5 years of experience in structured deal delivery, including identification, origination and negotiation as well as with power and gas regulation in Germany and Europe
- Knowledge of price- and volume risk management (e.g. hedging, options of commodities)
- Strong understanding of deal economics with the ability to commission detailed analysis by Deal Structuring and engage in discussion on quantitative insights to determine next steps
- Proven ability of effective and succinct pitching to external counterparties and internal stakeholders
- Effective in business case preparation, mandating, presentation/ discussion with Senior Management
You will be part of a global team of capable and motivated individuals and as such, will benefit from the ability to work and form relationships with a diverse set of individuals. The position calls for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial and responsible individual with the ability to perform well under pressure and with limited direct supervision.
Diversity and differences are seen as opportunities for enhancing Shell's performance, therefore showing genuine belief in and respect for people is considered key. We welcome people with impairment - please let us know when you need any assistance for your application.