Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Provide broad technical expertise in subsea Pipelines Integrity Management engineering, to timely and quality develop, implement, improve, and enhance Pipelines Integrity Management (PIMS) processes and procedures specifically aimed at ensuring that COMPANY operated subsea pipelines are efficiently monitored and controlled to meet the Company's production objectives in a cost-effective manner while maintaining the highest level of integrity, environmental and personnel and process safety compliance.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Work within established structures, procedures, engineering standards and methodologies developed and implemented by the Integrity & Reliability Department and the SPI Manager.
- Work within established Safety umbrella, structures, procedures, engineering standards and methodologies in place by COMPANY.
- Provide direct and indirect advice in the field of pipelines integrity engineering.
- Some degree of freedom in the execution of function, with events and activities driving performance. Works independently within agreed work practices and contributes to improvement and streamline business processes.
- Work requires analytical, interpretative, and constructive thinking, with a significant degree of evaluative judgement to address complex discipline and multi-discipline related problems and issues particularly in relation to subsea pipelines.
- Development of work methods from several alternative options in accordance with established pipelines integrity management programs, procedures and professional standards including planning, execution and results assessment concluding pipelines risk assessment and recommendations to extend the remaining life of pipelines.
- Work is subject to review and direction by direct supervisor, Head of Subsea Pipelines Integrity, and SPI Division Manager.
- Interface with or act as a technical representative for COMPANY Opco with and outside organizations (i.e., shareholders, vendors, consultants), and supervisor contractors as needed.
1. Support in assessing PIMS programs, to ensure companywide compliance and consistency with policies, practices, and procedures. Support in implementing and stewarding PIMS Programs and ensure that company utilizes cost effective PIMS tools and equipment.
2. Develop and maintain the PIMS documentation, including procedures, equipment strategies, SOW for annual and long-term inspection and integrity management plans, anomaly database, PIMS status reports, KPI reports, and annual integrity reports etc.
3. Ensure all stakeholders are kept informed and all requirements have been captured and obtain necessary approvals for implementation. Participate in cross assets reviews to ensure consistency of PIMS document for the entire COMPANY facility.
4. Conduct subsea Pipelines Integrity Management (PIMS) monitoring, investigations, and prevention activities, including monitoring Integrity Operating Windows affecting subsea pipelines conditions and life. Extend the necessary support to offshore operation in executing planned PIMS inspection campaigns (UWI & ILI) and maintain inspection data updated.
5. Review and analyse pipelines inspections and integrity reports and the outcomes of planned and unplanned Under water Inspection, Topside Inspections, Onshore Inspections and Smart Pigging inspection findings, and failure investigations etc., to evaluate and provide recommendations to restore pipelines functionality, improve performance, and extend its operating life. Prioritize response to findings and communicate findings and recommendation to relevant stakeholders. Obtain necessary approvals for implementation of recommendations and follow-up to ensure recommendations are implemented.
6. Develop asset related PIMS risk assessment results and prepares data for management review. Perform the Risk analysis for pipelines related assessments. Initiate and lead changes to the PIMS risk assessment process and participate in cross assets reviews for common alignment and lessons learned sharing.
7. Ensure that all PIMS Engineering contracts are up to date and necessary administrative activates are timely managed per company governors and procedures.
8. Ensure compliance with Company approved policy and procedures and support all activities related to audit of the pipeline system.
9. Develop and timely review the asset related annual budgets and keep track of budgets to ensure any potential deviations are highlighted as early as possible during the year. Participate in SPI Overall Budget reviews for common alignment.
10. Identify, evaluate, and implement appropriate new technologies. Support driving strategic technical innovation and provide expertise in area of subsea pipelines PIMS. Review design requirements of new projects and modifications and submits recommendations. Qualifications
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or Engineering Science in Mechanical, Chemical, or Material.
- 6 years' experience in subsea gas pipelines integrity activities.
- Experience in subsea pipelines integrity management activities including underwater inspections and smart pigging.
- Competent level in PIMS, risk-based inspection, corrosion management and control, damage mechanisms, NDT techniques, and RCFA for upstream pipelines in sour service.
- Experience in using the international standards (ASME, API, NACE and DNV) in pipeline integrity management tasks.
- Knowledge in use of subsea pipelines integrity management tools, and inspection data management software (e.g., GIS, Pvi).
Interested candidates can send their resume on firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.