Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Electrical Designer.
Skills / Qualifications
- Reporting to the Lead Electrical Engineer assigned by Department Manager, the main functions of the role will be to input the required design data into electrical index as per the defined structure and format
- Carry out cable sizing calculations
- Prepare cable schedules
- Prepare interconnection diagrams
- Carry out lighting illumination calculations
- Prepare lighting and small power layout drawings
- Carry out cable tray routing drawings
- 3D Modelling for cable trays and panels
- Prepare electrical installation detail drawings
- Prepare electrical MTOs
- Prepare earthing and lightning protection layout drawings
- Prepare Telecommunication drawings
- Prepare material requisitions for bulk materials and technical bid evaluations
- Review suppliers' documents
- Site checking and verification
- Preparation of specification for electrical installation and test procedures
- Preparation of subcontract requisition for electrical installation work
- Construction supervision, testing and commissioning support
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in Refinery Petrochemical / Chemical / Power / Pharmaceutical Plant Projects
- Knowledge international codes & standards
- Able to use electrical design / drafting software for 2D drawings and 3D modelling i.e. AutoCAD, PDS, E3D, PDMS, Smart Plant 3D. Able to use CADWorx will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of engineering database.
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Possess good interpersonal skills with good written and spoken in English
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can - do attitude and a desire to win
- Ability to promote an open and informal communication environment that aims at growing mutual trust and teamwork
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.