Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities Purpose
The purpose of this position is to assist and be responsible for small to medium size projects with the timely provision of engineering deliverables i.e review of design specification, part numbers, BOMS and drawing calculations, review of design analysis while also meeting all other required outcomes to meet/exceed and support business needs. Functions
* Individual contributor who can work independently under limited supervision.
* Can manage and navigate ambiguous projects with minimal support from more experienced persons.
* Experienced professional with adequate understanding of one's own job area.
* Can provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Read and interpret customer and industry (ASME, API, NACE etc) specification and provide technical information to meet the customer's requirements and Company commitments
- Provision of customer specific designs based on standard products
- Create part numbers and bills of materials in an ERP system
- Create manufacturing drawings for machining parts
- Interpret basic finite element analysis results/reports.
- Create standard engineering specifications
- Identify material and coating solutions.
- Coordinate with offshore design office for work their assignments.
- Coordinate with other worldwide locations to support their engineering needs.
- Conduct product testing on as needed basis.
- Interface with customer to receive their project/design requirements, discuss design options and provide engineering related project updates.
- Assist with other planned/un-planned activities to ensure the smooth running of the department/site, as necessary.
- Support other functions to enable a successful (safe, on time, with high quality and on budget) project execution.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of Oceaneering's products and/or processes
- Support the execution of Product and/or Process Improvement Projects, as necessary.
- Support/Mentor/Coach team members as necessary.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions
- Competent in related IT or other systems including word, excel and work specific platforms.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.]
- Ensure any work-related concerns or breaches in business standards are highlighted to Management in a timely manner and in accordance with any relevant procedures or processes.
- Displays required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs including carrying out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or Civil with knowledge of traditional stress analysis techniques.
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of Industry codes ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.8, ASME B31.3, API 6A,
- Application knowledge of standard carbon steel and stainless steel materials, standard NDE practices and mechanical testing.
- Ability to be an individual contributor at appropriate level.
- Ability to apply basic knowledge to job under general supervision.
- Contributes to completion of routine tasks.
- Explains basic facts, practices and policies to internal/external parties.
- Previous experience in a related environment is necessary
- Experience working in the Oil & Gas, Manufacturing or related industry is desirable.
- Chartered engineer
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.