Are you passionate about developing innovative mechanical solutions?Are you passionate about designing mechanical solutions that make an impact? Partner with the best
As a Product Performance Engineer Drives and Controls Mechanical Component, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Provides guidance to the Baker Hughes manufacturing Community and to the BKR supplier base on engineering design related inquiries.
- Initializes and develops when necessary, Engineering Changes to the current ALS Drives and Controls product portfolio.
- Works independently or as part of a team to develop best cost and best design for manufacturability solutions for the ALS Drives and Controls product portfolio.
- Effectively communicate to manufacturing personnel, engineering and designer colleagues as well as management the status of projects.
- Evaluate design related concerns generated from the Manufacturing environment and prioritized needs and solutions based on need, cost and resources available.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline (Preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in mechanical design with exposure to working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing tasks and priorities.
- Experienced with developing and working with electrical schematics and control block diagrams.
- Proven problem solving capabilities.
- Experience with developing, working with and maintaining Bills of Materials (BoMs) of large mechanical assemblies.
- A level of mechanical aptitude with good 3D spatial skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent Team player.
- Self-Starting mentality.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Business Applications (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Experience with CAD systems (SolidWorks preferred)
Work in a way that works for you
- Experience working with Electrical Control Drives
- Basic understanding of drafting principles.
- Proficiency in the Siemen's Team Center PLM system.
- Control programming experience such as HMI, PLC, DCS or proprietary controls systems.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, or a variation of this.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.