Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an experienced and skilled Oilfield Mechanic to join our team and be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and optimization of subsurface production equipment in the oil and gas industry. As an Oilfield Mechanic, you will work on a wide range of mechanical equipment, including pumps, motors, compressors, valves, and control systems. Your expertise and attention to detail will ensure the safe and efficient operation of the equipment, maximizing production output and minimizing downtime. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, along with opportunities for career growth and development. Join our team of dedicated professionals and contribute to the success of our oil and gas operations. Location
: Conroe, Texas; No per diem or lodging provided. C andidates must live within a 60 mile radius or be willing to permanently relocate with no assistance or have a travel trailer. Schedule
: Full Time; Mon-Friday Other
: Company Truck+Gas Card; Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K+ Company Match and more; All offers of employment subject to passing of drug & alcohol screening Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required RESPONSIBILITIES
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Responsible for the service, maintenance and repair of the firm's equipment, including compressors and motors.
- Performs major mechanical overhauls with minimal supervision
- Verifies dimensions, specifications, and tolerances using blueprints
- Ensures that mechanical equipment within a limited area of operations is properly installed, operating within design limits, repaired and maintained.
- Conduct field mechanical practices while providing the Company with the best probability of success in a timely manner while minimizing downtime and expenditures.
- Follow and adhere to company policy regarding bids, pricing agreements and procurement of materials and services.
- Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide protection for both human beings and equipment.
- Ensure that operations conducted under his control or supervision complies with the Company's HSE policies and/or governing agencies.
- Ensure that the required reporting and records of daily operations, daily costs, related material transfers, etc. are prepared and reported timely and accurately.
- Conduct regular inspections, maintenance, and repairs of subsurface production equipment, adhering to safety and industry standards.
- Diagnose equipment issues, troubleshoot problems, and determine appropriate repair methods to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks, including lubrication, filter changes, and calibration of equipment.
- Conduct thorough testing and performance checks to verify the proper functioning of equipment after repairs or maintenance.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop maintenance schedules, plan outages, and coordinate equipment repairs.
- Keep accurate records of maintenance activities, equipment condition, and spare parts inventory.
- Monitor equipment performance and efficiency, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective measures.
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and advancements in subsurface production equipment technology.
- Comply with all safety regulations, company policies, and procedures, ensuring a safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical or trade school education in mechanical or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience as an Oilfield Mechanic or similar role, with a focus on subsurface production equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems commonly found in oilfield equipment.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and repairing mechanical failures and malfunctions.
- Familiarity with equipment maintenance and repair tools, instruments, and diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and practices within the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, diagrams, and schematics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
- Physical stamina and ability to work in challenging environmental conditions and remote locations.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.