Application Engineer (OFS Drilling Services) Mount PleasantBaker Hughes Featured Employer
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, United States
Are you Application Engineer looking for a new opportunity
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join our Drilling Services Team
Our Drilling Services Team is assembling and testing the latest products of oilfield equipment which is beating heart of our work.
We collaborate with our development teams in science, mechanical and electrical engineering, physics, geoscience, to develop innovative drilling tools.
Partner with the best
The Applications Engineer main focus is on planning and customer face time, to ensure that, we become a customer centric organization delivering technology innovation and providing well construction solutions that differentiate us from our competitors. And is aligned with our Drilling Services plan.
As a Applications Engineer , you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring compliance with manage the Job Cycle (MtJC) process
• Work with the assigned Service Delivery Coordinator/Salesperson to understand the client's well construction or production objectives as well as the commercial terms for Baker Hughes (i.e. outcome based contract, line item contract, etc.)
• Perform offset job analysis and product/service specific engineering modelling calculations to understand application hazards and incident potential
• Work together with all disciplines and stakeholders to ensure all aspects and constraints of the application and suggested products/services have been considered
• Design a job program, including risk mitigation plans and contingency plans, that can meet the client's objective(s), maximize revenue potential and ensure future job assignments for Baker Hughes
• Work with the assigned Service Delivery Coordinator/Salesperson to ensure any risk of not meeting the client's objective is communicated to the client using the appropriate channels/processes for the respective client
• Accurately document any calculations/simulations/plan revision and/or changes during the project cycles for visibility to dependent teams and audit purposes
• Provide on-demand support in accordance with product portfolio or on-call schedule for job execution
• Compare job as-planned versus job as-executed, document any lessons learned and develop recommendations for further improvements to procedures to ensure continuous improvement takes place
• Work on Field Incidents related to products/services
• Participate in Incident Investigations when required, ensuring the end to end process is considered, (including job planning, preparation, and execution), when determining incident root cause(s) alongside appropriate corrective actions
• Ensure timely incident management to enable fast customer issue resolution and cash collection
• Advise on product improvement opportunities for repetitive component/product failures
• Responsible for providing sales support and product application recommendations
• Product line specific responsibilities as applicable
• Handles special projects as required
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have
• Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics
• Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal, influencing and planning skills
• Ability to be on call outside of normal business hours
• Ability to work in a global matrix organization
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
• Must have the ability to travel (potential for travel to rig sites, customer facilities, meetings, training, etc.)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Standard working schedule supporting our client's needs
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.