Overview / Responsibilities
Massy Wood is recruiting for a Specialist Offshore - Civil Structural Engineer.
Responsible for providing specialist offshore Civil/Structural engineering expertise to operations, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems.
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide Structural/Civil engineering support to operating facilities to ensure operation within design and reliability envelope and to ensure integrity and performance are sustained.
- Provide Structural/Civil engineering support to ensure engineering integrity and cost effective solutions
- Identify opportunities to drive optimization and continuous improvement to deliver better business performance.
- Drive a culture of Structural/Civil engineering rigor and discipline across Engineering and day to day operations.
- Participate in hazard identification, risk analysis, HAZOPs and LOPAs. Ensure that process safety risks and integrity management gaps are identified, prioritized and managed to successful completion.
- Ensure conformance with the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Provide technical input to operating procedures and maintenance strategies. Deliver Engineering that is performed in compliance with BP guidelines and regulations.
- Support in the resolution of engineering defects and development of plant.
- Provide Structural/Civil engineering support to the site.
- Provide assurance on the civil/structural engineering design on facilities offshore and onshore.
- Support the execution teams by applying professional technical knowledge effectively.
- Relevant First Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng) from a recognised university.
- Preferably a qualified member of a recognised professional body such as Association of Professional Engineers of Trinidad and Tobago (APETT), Board of Engineering of Trinidad and Tobago (BOETT) or other relevant organization.
- Three (3) to five (5) years relevant working experience.
- Possesses relevant previous working experience to demonstrate good awareness of the relevant specialist requirements, knowledge and application.
- Technically competent on local, national, and international regulations and requirements.
- Valid certifications issued by recognized regulatory entities are an asset (API, NACE, National Board, AWS, etc).
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Possessing good written and verbal communication skills, having the ability to adapt and work to tight deadlines.
- Trained in relevant technical software.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.