JobName : D&I Quality Assurance Engineer
JobSummary : The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for validating and verifying software products and components to ensure end-users' workflow can be efficiently performed without software failures. The Quality Assurance Engineer works closely with engineering and portfolio managers to design and execute quality tests, report results for assigned software products. This person reviews the results of automatic tests with the Quality Assurance Automation Engineer during the software development cycle.
- Design, organize and execute test strategies, plans and suites in cooperation with the development team.
- Design and conduct nonfunctional tests including tests for system load and performance, security, scalability, usability and deployability.
- Review test plans to ensure completeness. Track testing progress.
- Analyze and prioritize technical problems. Identify and escalate project risks. Verify the correct fix of reported defects.
- Review results of automatic tests with the Quality Assurance Automation Engineer. Document, review and edit user documentation.
- Comply with the Software Lifecycle Management and Product Development process.
- Review software requirements documents. Provide input to improve product effectiveness, integration and usability.
- Utilize and promote the software development standards and testing and evaluation techniques defined by the Schlumberger software development organization, and contribute to their improvement.
- Document and report test results in a timely manner using established systems for reporting and defect tracking.
- Develop automated tests to support efficient regression testing, as well as scripts and software for testing.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from SLB. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: company website