Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Purpose:
Carrying out Specialist Inspection on sites, both offshore and overseas. Supporting SIS Regional Technical Lead, Engineers and Management as required. Functions
- Perform SIS NDT surveys on client sites.
- Preparing equipment, maintenance and QHSE (Oceaneering & Client) documentation.
- To further train and qualify in Standard and Non-Standard NDT disciplines.
- Assist SIS Engineers and SIS Technical Lead in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Travel alone or as part of a team, to be self-sufficient and organised in pre job preparation, execution and post job activities including reporting and job file completion.
- Performs a range of tasks with autonomy and may act as a cross-departmental technical lead.
- Works independently and reviews the work of junior technicians.
- Subject matter expert in technical field.
- Often serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment. Other
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has direct supervisory responsibility of SIS Trainee Technicians and NDT Technicians.
- Standard NDT Qualifications to Level 2 as a minimum
- Non-Standard qualifications as determined by SIS Management
- Four years' experience and training with an Inspection organization, including Oil, Gas and Power Generation environments.
- Willingness to travel abroad and hold a full driving license
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- HND or Degree Honors in an associated Engineering discipline.
- Computer Skills - Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Peoplesoft, AutoCAD and Manufacturer specific software for advanced technologies.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics .
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training & development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Attendance & Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard or excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
This position is considered ONSHORE/OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors/outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Exposure to UVA-UVB sun rays while working outdoors
- Working via rope access if required
- Working at heights via ladders or access platforms
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
Lift 20-50 pounds
Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while Lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
Goggle eye protection.
Chemical/heat/additional glove protection
Dust/chemical/waterproof suit protection
Wear harness or fall protection systems
Lift 10-25 pounds
Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
Operate a motor vehicle
Differentiate between colors
Lift 10-20 pounds
Standing and walking
Wear PPE for feet, body, head, vision, and hearing protection Identity Check Primary Identity Document
Secondary Identity Document
- Passport or an official travel document showing birth date and parental details
- Current document of identity issued by Emirates Identify Authority
- Current driver's license copy issued by the UAE government (Only for approved drivers of the radiation pick up)
Security Background Check
- Document confirming employment history, education, and personal referees
The security background check shall include a security assessment and criminal history check issued by the competent authorities in the UAE.
- Employee may be requested to get a good conduct certificate from the country of origin or a local police clearance certificate
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.