POSITION: Process Engineer Greenfield Projects
The Client consistent with published project objectives and Company principles, to verify that the Contractors perform engineering/design, procurement/fabrication, construction and pre-commissioning services in accordance with contractual requirements, including specifications and standards to monitor and appraise contractor organization, planned, and performance in the broad disciplines of detailed design, drafting, purchasing, progress measurement, schedule control, and such engineering activities and to ensure that the project achieves established objectives in keeping with Project Execution Plan and Company expectations, engineering practices, procedures, and standards.
This position may be embedded in the contractor's engineering office during Process Design Package (PDP), FEED and/or detailed engineering phases.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- The primary responsibility of this individual will be to provide process design and process engineering oversight during the project development and execution phases as to successfully complete the Sarsaparilla Project Facilities consistent with Company objectives and technical requirements.
- Monitor issue and review of engineering deliverables (PFDs, P&IDs, PSV Datasheets, etc.) per established schedule by Engineering Contractor.
- Check & approve engineering calculations and deliverables.
- Coordinate THE CLIENT facility information deliverables to contractor and tie-ins information for FEED & Detailed Design package development.
- Identify critical paths, work towards maintaining the overall project schedule by delivering required work in the assigned scope areas, identify risks to the project leadership and others as necessary and continuously work to achieve results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure contractor's conformance to design specifications.
- Ensure that deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner so as to successfully complete the engineering and/or construction contract Package/s consistent with Company principles and technical requirements.
- Maintain active participation in cost and progress, quality, safety, and schedule reviews to ensure successful completion of their assigned Contract Packages.
- Keep the Project Director and Engineering Manager advised of potential problems, deviations (from engineering and/or installation standards and specifications, drawings, etc., industry codes and standards, and/or THE CLIENT engineering practices and applicable procedures) and concerns so that coordinated corrective action can be taken in time to ensure engineering/design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up of Contract Package facilities that meet THE CLIENT requirements.
General Expectations as a Team Member
- Be self-motivated
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and external service providers (e.g. Engineering Firm) whether individually or in a team environment.
- Develop a working relationship with other team members.
- Constantly look for ways to improve project management system efficiency
- Treat others with respect at all times
- Have good commercial and fiscal awareness and actively seek lowest cost alternative
- Develop a network of technical resources
- Comply with applicable Laws, Regulations, Permitting requirements and Company business practices, code of conduct.
- Domestic travel to suppliers and to plant sites is expected about 15 - 25% percent of the time.
General Responsibilities as an Employee
- Conduct business affairs with lawful intent. Understand and comply with federal and state laws and regulations, company policies, procedures and practices.
- Actively support and coach others to comply with all laws, regulations, KII policies, procedures and practices.
- Promptly report any known deviation from KII principles, policies, or procedures. Ask for assistance, guidance or interpretation if questions arise.
- Perform roles, fulfill responsibilities and attend training courses, as outlined in the Compliance System Manuals for all applicable Compliance Systems.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
Minimum Education Experience/Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 10 yrs of experience as a process, principal or design engineer, preferably with some experience in fluorinated gases, gas processing, VCM.
- Have a strong understanding of thermodynamics and be able to adapt knowledge to new applications.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Outlook.
- Proficient in the use of process simulators such as HYSYS, Pro II and ProMax
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.