Sr. E&I EngineerNES Fircroft Featured Employer
Carville, Louisiana, United States
POSITION: Instrument and/or Electrical Engineer
Execute the Contract Package to which they are assigned consistent with published objectives and guidelines and Company principles, to provide a high level of expertise in Project related technical specialist skills regarding all aspects of instrument and/or electrical field engineering, including electronic, pneumatic , pressure, temperature, and flow level instrumentation, power generation and distribution systems, power transformers, switchgear motor control centers, and low voltage systems such as instrument power supplies and lighting systems in order to effectively support the technical needs of the Contract Package facilities in keeping with Project Execution Plan objectives, regulatory limits, and Company expectations, engineering procedures, and standards.
Engineer(s) occupying this position resident in the Contractor's office is/are candidate(s) for transfer to the field as Field Electrical and/or Instrumentation Engineer.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Expectations as a Team Member
• Be self-motivated
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors,
employees, and external service providers (e.g. Engineering Firm) whether
individually or in a team environment.
• Develop a working relationship with other team members.
• Constantly look for ways to improve project management system efficiency
• Treat others with respect at all times
• Have good commercial and fiscal awareness and actively seek lowest cost
• Develop a network of technical resources
• Comply with applicable Laws, Regulations, Permitting requirements and Company
business practices, code of conduct.
• Domestic travel to suppliers and to plant sites is expected about 15 - 25% percent
of the time.
• Strong analytical skills, results-oriented with excellent organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, root cause analysis, recall analysis, corrective action, effective decision-making skills, attention to detail.
• Hands on, involved in meetings, talk and engage with Users, boots on the
ground. Able to communicate at all levels.
• Agile/adaptable/flexible: able to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines,
demonstrating ability to prioritize between what is urgent and what is important.
• Ability to lead/influence and be part of multilevel, cross functional teams.
• Proactively identify opportunities for improvement across the plant in relation to
process, equipment, facilities and staffing to drive implementation in a spirit of
Minimum Education Experience/Specific Knowledge Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Applicable Engineering program from an accredited institution.
• 15 yrs of experience as a controls systems engineer and/or designer
• Experience using the ISA95 stack to connect plant devices to cloud analytics
driving value to Operations
• Expertise across ISA-95 stack, especially Levels 0-2 are a must (Sensors/Actuators,
PLC/DCS, SCADA/HMI) ... Levels 3 (MES/MOM) desirable ... Levels 4+ a definite
• Working knowledge of operations-related SAP modules (PM, QM, PP/DS)
• Digital Twins, Performance Boards, Simulation
• Industry 4.0, IIoT, Plant Connectivity
• Working knowledge of RFID/Asset Tracking for plant
• Proficiency with MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to
Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Outlook
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.