Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
As Senior Well Engineer you will be responsible for the design, planning and application of well engineering standards in drilling and completions by integrating Weatherford well construction technologies, industry solutions and detailed analysis in ISP projects. The Sr. Well Engineer works closely with the Project & ISP Engineering Manager and the rest of the project team to prepare and execute the safest and most efficient plans to drill and complete wells.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lives by the ISP Well Construction Management System to ensure well integrity and delivery within planned time and budget; and prepare corrective actions in case of deviations
- Develop and fully implement well engineering best practices, peer reviews and technology application during the planning, execution and closure phases for projects. Research and assess applicability of new technology to projects and support technical and/or business initiative that furthers the capabilities
- Ensure all wells are budgeted, planned and designed to contractual minimum standards, regulatory requirements, policies and full consideration of HSE & sustainability goals
- Reviews the Basis of Design, Drilling programs & end of well reports before approval from the Project Technical authority
- Manage Weatherford products and services as well as third party vendors to comply with technical scope and providing oversight of operations by facilitating short-term planning and scheduling of personnel, equipment and services
- Document and communicate learning from projects adequately
- Identify deviations to Weatherford Policies and Standards and document the adequate management of change and/or exemption process
- Acts as focal point for technical matters and is a liaison with his equivalent at the client side
- Provides advise on matters related to operational contingencies and together with the Superintendent validate alternate plans
- Focal point for all information in relation to the investigation of unscheduled events and non-conformance incidents.
- Responsible for the technical competencies and capabilities of the engineering team. Develops training plans for the members of the technical team in conjunction with the Project & ISP Engineering Manager
- Schedule project technical reviews at an agreed frequency with the Project & ISP Engineering Manager
Commercial and Tenders
- Support commercial aspect of projects by developing time estimates and performing comparisons vs AFE and guiding others in the process
- Support in the validation of the risk assessment and guiding others in the process
- Participate and provide guidance in selection and evaluation of service companies, suppliers and equipment
- Support Health, Safety and Environment applying the policies and standard within the engineering process.
- Leads auditing initiatives and regularly monitors TP and PLs KPIs
- Support continuous improvement through the documentation of best practices, lessons learned, technical alerts, etc
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- MSc/B.Sc in engineering or scientific discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as Well Engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of well design and planning, drilling safety and well control principles, environmental regulations, and field operations.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- IWCF / WellCap Well Control certification at Supervisory level
- Well versed with the widely used well engineering suite of softwares & MSOffice or equivalent
- Relevant experience both field and office in well engineering, preferably with an OFS Services Provider for Integrated Projects.
- Relevant industry-related training
- Fluent in more than one language
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY
- Detailed understanding of drilling practices and procedures (planning, risk analysis, HAZOP, HAZID, pre-spud, roles of various asset team members, equipment, drilling program, drilling, cementing, evaluation, completion, reporting, well-site personnel, drilling parameters, fluids, well control, directional drilling, well-site services, local regulatory, etc.)
- Ability to organize and plan projects. Projects will often have technical and scope uncertainties and involve multiple phases and tight project time-lines Strong communication organizing, trouble shouting And problem solving capabilities in constrained and/or demanding conditions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with diverse professionals comprising of clients, stakeholders, vendors, operations team, rig team and engineering peers
- Practical and results orientated to deliver a plan encompassing all inputs that can be safely executed for given time-lines. Mechanical aptitude and strong visualization capability required
- Contribute to sustaining a positive, progressive and supportive team environment
- Ability to apply and encourage a solution based approach. Solution based involves understanding the client needs and well problems and then investigating potential solutions which can be a change in well design, change in procedure or potentially the use of one or more common or specialty products.