Where do you fit in
The Demand Planning Specialist is an excellence role which upholds the high standards of the demand planning process encompassing the short- and medium-term planning for the lubricants business.
The role holder needs to be able to bring together information from multiple countries and inputs from sales, marketing, and finance to identify the best way of working by standardization or adaptation for each market in APAC.
The role holder will also be leading multiple digital projects relating to demand planning. Reporting to the Supply Chain, the Demand Planning Specialist is also and integral and trusted member within the Sales and Marketing team and will be involved in key meetings, workshops, and growth initiatives (up to GM level) that will impact demand in some way or require demand inputs.What's the role?
- Conduct a monthly review to validate the regional plan generated by the demand planning team in support of tactical business objectives.
- Develop best practices and SOPs for demand planning in support of the S&OE and S&OP strategies.
- Identify process gaps in demand planning process and implement corrective process improvement.
- Lead development and deployment of digital tools
- Drive improvement of system tools to increase organizational capabilities in execution.
- As a super user to give system training
- Act as Super-User for existing and new tools.
- Act as the process expert for the demand planning process
The accountabilities listed are suggestive and not comprehensive. Accountabilities and expectations are subject to change in line with business priorities What do we need from you?
The APAC region has been showing high growth over the last few years (excluding COVID affected months) largely due to winning new business from our competitors. This creates a challenge to creating an accurate forecast as statistical models based on history cannot forecast these business wins and the related portfolio changes. It is important to the Demand Planning Specialist to form strong relationships with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure timely and accurate inputs to build on the statistical baseline forecast.
- Strong prior experience in analyzing data and finding useful insights
- Good communication skills to people at all levels and interface with businesses outside LSC e.g. Sales and Marketing, Contract and Procurement, Value Delivery Team etc.
- Ability to distil complex information and see the big picture
- Ability to identify and respond quickly to changing priorities and multi-task
- Knowledge of Lubricants business and Supply chain preferred
- Continuous Improvement of processes, tools, and relationships
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
O We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
O We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
O We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.