Be part of our team as we work to own the design and development of technical solutions meeting the IT project needs of the business. Join Shell and be part of a home where you can grow your career, develop leading-edge skills, and deepen your business knowledge.Where you fit
The purpose is to be the Software Engineer for Operational, Financial and Economic Planning Applications. Each tool in the chain is itself a piece of software that serves a different function and is optimized to work together with other tools in the chain. What's the role?
As Software Engineer, you will assure the functionality meets the business requirements as well as aligns with Shell's IT Strategy towards standardized and simplified solutions.
As a Software engineer, you are expected to do the following:
What We Need from You
- Play the role of software architect to lead the design and development of modular software solutions for scientific applications.
- Responsible for porting and integrating software applications into the cloud-native framework and helping/mentoring the researchers to adapt software development practices.
- Anticipate the challenges and help other teams to build, scale and monitor highly compute-demanding applications in cloud platforms.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve scalability vulnerabilities and deployment issues for the applications.
- Ensure efficient functioning of different hardware orchestration components to achieve higher throughput in a cloud-native environment.
- Regularly review the health of an existing application and help the tech experts to design a next-generation scalable application deployment platform.
- Bachelor's (master's preferable) degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- With at least 10+ years of experience working in core computer science (computer systems) area.
- 10+ years of experience working in software development in CPU / GPU and application software optimization.
- Extensive experience in working with multi-core and distributed (parallel) systems.
- Experience working with domain specialists (data science or simulation science).
- Extensive experience in research, design, development and testing operating systems-level software, compilers, and network communication protocols.
- Very good troubleshooting and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Should have demonstrated experience in working in areas beyond his/her core expertise.
- Agile ways of working;
- VSTS/Azure DevOps;
- Test Automation;
- Continuous Improvement;
- Power Shell scripting
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its business footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, and Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We're creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.A rewarding place to work
Combining our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.