Our business is energy. Yours is to create code, design and build products. Be part of the digital solution changing the energy system. Our teams collaborate every day to design, develop and build scalable software solutions that create new possibilities. You will be part of a community of experts with a broad range of capabilities in Information Digital Engineering, digitally transforming Shell. Our global business scale provides limitless career opportunities. Working with the latest technology to solve complex challenges, you will have opportunities to collaborate internally and with external strategic technology partners, to shape future digital technology.Where you fit in
The Software Interoperability role refers to the ability of different software components, devices, and applications as a whole (or products) to connect and effectively communicate with low latency. Functions of the interoperable components of software include data access, data transmission, and cross-system collaboration without effort from the end user. Similar to compatibility, interoperability helps a software product to achieve higher efficiency and a more holistic view of the information flow.What's the role
As the Sr. Software Engineer- The Interoperability and Integration Engineer you will have a profound understanding of the technology described above. Also, you will be working on modern computing technologies in the area of portability and integration of business-critical data-heavy applications with our computing ecosystems, both in the cloud and on-premise platforms.
What we need from you
- Design and develop modular solutions to port/execute scientific applications in cloud environments.
- Responsible for integrating and defining containerization technologies and helping the researchers to develop containers for their applications.
- Build, scale, and monitor highly scalable applications in cloud platforms.
- Create and enhance the application's CI/CD pipelines.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve compute infrastructure (cloud) vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and process functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience with at least 5 years of Interoperability, integration, and development experience.
- 5+ years of experience working (designing/developing/ deploying applications) in different cloud environments like Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform (certifications preferred)
- Fluent with one or more the containerization technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Azure Container like Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Container Instances (ACI), Azure Service Fabric, Azure App Service containerization, Azure Red Hat Openshift (ARO), Azure Spring Cloud, Azure Batch, Azure Container Registry (ACR)
- Expert in CI/CD Pipelines and integration with serverless containers.
- Experience in YAML manifests/HELM charts/ARM Template scripting for application deployment
- Experience working with domain specialists (data science or simulation science).
- Very good troubleshooting and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its business footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, and Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We're creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.A rewarding place to work
Combining our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.