Where you fit in
As Field Telecoms Support Engineer, you will keep Shell's offshore facilities running; helping to deliver the energy that the UK needs. Working in a Natural Team alongside IT, strategic telecoms partners and technical facility staff, you will support and maintain business critical telecoms infrastructure at Shell's facilities, while contributing a key role in the development and implementation of new telecoms technologies in order to future-proof connectivity.What's the role?
Experienced, technical Field Telecoms Engineer responsible for support and development of Field Telecommunication services in the Northern and Southern North Sea. Responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
What we need from you
- Safely supporting multiple production and exploration installations on and offshore
- Developing and nurturing interfaces with the business to become a trusted advisor to stakeholders about Field Telecoms, champion system changes and projects while increasing awareness of telecoms requirements and processes
- A range of technical and assurance activities, using defined procedures and practices within well-defined areas of responsibility
- Working with site staff, projects, and vendors to execute standard maintenance Field Telecoms routines and project activity like surveying or equipment installation and testing
- Providing advice to site personnel on all matters relating to Field Telecoms and IT systems, making them aware of potential risks
- Being a key member of the Field Telecoms on-call team
- Maintaining various sources of information about sites like technical documentation and drawings
- Acting as a buddy for incoming, less experienced colleagues
We are keen to hear from candidates with the below skill set.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision in an operational offshore production environment
- Experience of safely working with legacy telecommunications equipment.
- Experience of working effectively with integrated service providers to reach successful outcomes
- Significant experience of working in potentially hazardous environments on offshore operational or exploration Oil or Gas installations with valid offshore working and medical certificates
- Competent Telecommunications Person (CTP)
- Can build strong mutually productive relationships
- COMPEX Hazardous Area Training certification
- Experience of Industrial Automation and Control Systems
- Permit to work processes and systems
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part. An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.