What is the role?
The Senior Compliance Advisor will provide Compliance support for commercial trading activity for Shell Trading & Supply primarily in Natural Gas and Electricity Trading, Origination and Marketing in South and Central American markets. This role will be the primary interface with the commercial staff (front-line traders, operational staff, functions, and regional leadership) for regulatory and policy matters, questions, and concerns. This will require expansive knowledge of the Natural Gas and Electricity markets, regulatory frameworks, and policy determinations. The ability to apply policy standards to a multitude of real-world scenarios is a must. Challenge and collaboration are key.
You will be also responsible for the following duties:
What we need from you?
- Providing advice related to compliance with external regulations / internal requirements, or conformance with Group Standards, Manuals and Shell Trading Policies.
- Providing advice and guidance related to the understanding and mitigation of regulatory and compliance risks such as market manipulation, anti-trust, bribery & corruption, and money laundering, and others.
- Provide input, expertise, and support in the development and execution of the Compliance Training agenda.
- Serve as the Compliance representative and be a collaborative member of functional coordination meetings with Finance, Risk, Tax, and others, regarding New Business Activities.
- Serve as a Compliance representative to certain regional leadership meetings as needed.
- Participate and represent Shell in external working groups in efforts to ensure best practices for Compliance.
- Be a collaborative member of the regional and global Compliance organization.
- Participate in collaborative activities with the broader Shell Ethics & Compliance organization (including Trade Compliance, Antitrust, Anti-bribery & corruption, and Data Privacy) to ensure accurate and appropriate guidance to T&S staff.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the various lines of business in T&S and apply internal and external standards to commercial activity to ensure appropriate Compliance risk mitigations.
- Be an independent voice and provide challenge to contribute to the continuation of a Culture of Compliance within Trading & Supply.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the Brazil on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of (10) ten years' experience in a combination of Trading Compliance or comparable Governance and Audit roles. Significant knowledge of North American physical/financial natural gas and electricity markets required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (or equivalent work experience).
- Strong understanding of trading instruments, trading strategies, and risk concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills including the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be comfortable speaking up, escalating concerns and can provide an independent view and voice.
- Must be able to resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and write Portuguese and Spanish is mandatory.
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently and share knowledge and learnings broadly.
- The role will be in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONAn innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.