Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of rig equipment, hydraulic equipment and diesel equipment and mentoring/training Mechanics.
- Analyze, replace or repair rig equipment, hydraulic equipment and diesel equipment.
- Consistently maintain a log of all work performed.
- Attend safety meetings and keep updated equipment changes on rig.
- Monitor diesel motors and SCR / VFD system.
- Keep the motor room chipped and painted.
- Maintain and repair centrifugal pumps and cranes, take on fuel, drill water and portable water and routinely assess the life capsule/life boat.
- Maintain variable load, swap engines, monitor bilges, voids, and red fox unit.
- As needed, appropriately respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, wellbore influxes, hydrogen sulfide detection and major mechanical or structure failure.
- Capable of quickly evacuating the facility to avoid injury during emergencies. Must also provide assistance with regard to rescue operations for injuries or overcome personnel.
- Rig-up/rig-down all mechanical aspects of the drilling rig and maintain/repair all mechanical equipment.
- As needed, train and mentor Mechanics on processes, HSE and safety procedures and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all mechanical equipment.
- Ensure an adequate amount of tools and spare parts are available and, as needed, submit requisitions to Toolpusher / Purchasing Manager for approval.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Should have at least 5 years of specific work experience.
- Must have knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools and operating work vehicles such as forklift, trencher, crane, etc.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- People Management
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability
- Flawless Execution
Physical demands and work environment
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in noisy environments