Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
- Follows all safety and compliance procedures; maintains compliance and safety as first priorities when working across all areas of the business
- In case of concerns with safety, quality non-conformances, or integrity concerns, exercises 'Stop Work Authority' to suspend operations
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with company policies, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices in the applicable country
- Ensure controls are in place to guarantee compliance with government regulations in relation to quality Follows all safety and compliance procedures; maintains compliance and safety as first priorities when working across all areas of the business
- Assist the Supplier Quality Director and Managers in the development of the Supplier Quality program including process and procedure development, supplier due diligence, audits, scorecards, and supplier development
- Create standard Supplier Quality procedures for use across Operations, Manufacturing, and Product Lines; rationalize and simplify existing procedures and guidelines as applicable
- Interpret Design Engineering data (including blueprints, Bills of Material, specifications), and customer requirements
- Define Inspection test plans / quality plans that may be required for manufacturing, sourcing or customer contracts
- Understand and administer supplier quality fulfillment of project contract requirements
- Ensure a compliant and qualified supply base by conducting supplier evaluations, supplier qualifications, supplier scorecards, supplier improvement action plans, and supplier audits
- Approve supplier selection through more streamlined qualification processes
- Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality Plan implementation and relevant monitoring based on the risk categorization of the supplier
- Review customer / project specifications and identify quality requirements
- Implement quality inspection and testing requirements
- Participate in kick-off meeting / pre-inspection meeting with vendor
- Review and approve vendor quality documentation for First Article Inspections at a minimum; Sourcing, ASL team and Supplier Quality must coordinate to ensure all documents are collected from the supplier
- ASL Team should coordinate with Supplier Quality and Sourcing to close the documentation gaps
- Arrange supplier quality inspections to be done using internal resources or via a third party inspector
- Assure supplier compliance to Weatherford process and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process; develop and utilize supplier scorecards in line with the requirements of the Quality Management system
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Engineering, Sourcing leaders, Manufacturing leaders, and shop floor personnel to manage and implement supplier and engineering changes
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, and and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality, specifically Failed on Arrival/Install (FOA/FOI) issues, field failures, and factory defects
- Ensures Corrective and Preventative Action Reports (CPARs) are prepared by supplier, completed with the sufficient level of depth, and actions are monitored through to effective closure
- Identify and report any quality concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Interacts with Suppliers in regards to supplier quality
- Interacts with both internal and external customers with regards to supplier quality
- Interacts closely with Sourcing and Engineering to assist in the development of the Supplier Quality program, to execute the program, to identify improvements to the program, and to understand and address specific supplier quality issues
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Quality or Engineering (with Quality focus) in an industrial related business
- 5+ years knowledge in ISO 9001 and API
- Demonstrated experience with third parties, supplier qualifications, and audits
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, technical notes, procedures and specifications
- Basic knowledge of various welding processes (SMAW, GTAW, FCAW, and SAW) and materials
- Fabrication or design experience for Mechanical SQEs; Electrical / software experience for Software SQEs
- Working knowledge of recognized standards and codes such as ASME, AWS, API, ASTM, NACE, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge about NDT methods such as (PAUT, MT, US, ToFD, LP)
- Demonstrated skills related to problem-solving, decision-making, judgment, leadership, root-cause analyses, and team collaboration to lead and influence others to drive change
- Internal Auditing experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand Spanish (for Mexico SQE)
- Demonstrated report-writing skills
- Strong communication and facilitation skills between functions - verbal and written
- Ability to coordinate with customers and third party inspectors
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with suppliers
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 50-75% of time
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to evoke critical thinking.
- Root Cause Analysis Incident Investigation Training
- Oilfield services operational and technical experience
- Failure Mode, Effects and Critically Analysis (FMEAC) / TapRoot experience
- Weatherford enterprise and management systems knowledge
- Document management and control experience
- Experience using JDE
- Experience leading in a matrixed organization
- 5+ years of Supplier Quality experience