Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer based in Mozambique, with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Responsible for the administration, overall technical direction and co-ordination of civil / structural engineering and design work on assigned projects or a section of a large or complex project.
- Responsible for the assessment of technical and human resources for assigned projects.
- Ensures that all assigned civil engineering activities are carried out within the agreed manhour budgets, cost budgets and time schedules.
- Reviews and approves project schedules to see that all dates, rates of progress and design periods are realistic.
- Assists in the preparation of manhour estimates for Civil Engineering activities for proposals and projects.
- Provides guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on civil/structural engineering matters.
- Assigns and coordinates the activities of Civil Engineers reporting to him/her.
- Performs engineering design calculations and prepares design sketches in accordance with the standards and procedures.
- Checks and approves calculations and other project deliverables performed by Civil Engineers reporting to him/her.
- Attends progress meetings and prepares project progress reports.
- Advises the Chief/Principal or Lead Civil Engineer of any schedule slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advises the Chief/Principal or Lead Civil Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Identifies circumstances considered likely to result in contract changes and prepares manhour estimates to support contract changes.
- Prepares contract requisitions and specifications for civil and structural work on assigned projects.
- Prepares technical evaluations of civil and structural contract enquiries.
- Liaises with specialist consultants appointed by the company.
- Liaises with construction personnel and addresses site queries during construction.
- Carries out periodic inspection of civil and structural work during construction to ensure correct interpretation of designs and issues completion certificates for structural work carried out on assigned projects.
- Provides guidance and training to junior and trainee engineers.
- Keeps abreast of development in the civil and structural engineering field.
- BSc (Civil Engineering) / BEng (Civil) or equivalent
- 8+ years relevant experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Non registered engineers should meet the minimum requirements for professional registration and be registered as an Engineer in Training (or equivalent) and be actively involved in achieving professional registration
- Technical Expertise - C arries out technical design work to a high standard. Has a sound knowledge over a broad range of civil engineering fields relevant to the project environment.
- Analytical thinking - Ability to identify issues, obtains relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources and identify alternative solutions.
- Communication - Ability to present information to individuals or groups. Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
- Decision making - Knowledge of and ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions.
- Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints and anticipated consequences.
- Problem solving - Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve issues.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.