Overview / Responsibilities Overview/Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an experienced Subsea Pre-commissioning/Commissioning Execution Engineer
to support projects for the Subsea group in our Houston, TX office.
This is a challenging and highly visible role, which requires candidates to have subsea knowledge and pre-commissioning/commissioning experience to effectively engineer and manage subsea commissioning projects. A strong background with an commissioning service provider, installation contractor or Due to the nature of the work, candidates may be required to go offshore routinely and on short notice. Responsibilities
This position is responsible for supporting onshore planning, mobilization / demobilization and offshore subsea commissioning type activities for a given project. The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Skills / Qualifications Skills/Qualifications:
- Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, and Decommissioning Engineering Support
- You will be the Package Engineer from project award, planning, fabrication, mobilization, and offshore execution
- Package Management of Subsea Pre-Comm/Comm workscopes
- Create methodologies that focuses on order of operations, schedule synergies, and technical specifications that adhere to all regulation and applicable engineering codes.
- Engage with installation, fabrication, HSEE and the offshore execution and operations teams throughout the project, focusing on subsea construction, production and operations
- Preparation of commissioning documents which may include commissioning execution plans, scopes of work and execution procedures.
- Create and send request for quotes for commissioning services, procurement, and fabrication. Compare bids on both a commercial and technical criterion.
- Upon contract award, ensure proper sub-contractor management with oversight and clear deliverables
- Create presentations that focuses on your work scope and the required interfaces requested with applicable parties
- Conduct risk assessments across various departments (HAZOP, HAZID, What If etc) by marking up applicable PIDs for safety review
- Work with the scheduling team, developing high level execution schedules to provide accurate estimates of various offshore activities
- Deliver the project safety and on time
- Scheduling and management support activities
- Progress reporting and monitoring responsibilities
- Offshore commissioning activities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferable
- Minimum of 2 years subsea precommissioning/commissioning support experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in subsea project engineering, management and execution in offshore
- Familiar with API 17B, 17E, 17J, RP 1110, RP1111, 6A, etc. and DNV RP F115, ST-F101, etc.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a client-facing role
- Experience writing high quality technical and planning reports a strong asset
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Able to develop robust, innovative solutions.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and to define / maintain cost basis and schedules.
- Must be available to work offshore on short notice
- Must be a US citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.