Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Vibration Analyst
(Office & Field) to support our team in Houston, TX. This is a field and office based role (about 50/50) and the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have a keen interest in solving vibration and machinery dynamic problems.
The Junior Vibration Analyst
will perform a variety of data collection, troubleshooting and problem-solving activities for machinery, piping and structural systems (across all industries).
This is an opportunity to work in a global organization with an industry-leading position based on its niche range of services, and to be involved in projects both locally, and around the world. Currently, Wood offers several services within the vibration, dynamics and noise team, and there will be advancement opportunities as the business grows. A dynamic individual, who is entrepreneurial and interested in consultative work, will thrive in this environment. Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Perform vibration analysis by acquiring vibration data using different data acquisition hardware and their software applications
- Evaluate operational issues by evaluating vibration data, process conditions, machine performance, maintenance data and customer communication
- Troubleshoot on piping systems, structures, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, reciprocating and centrifugal pumps, gas and steam turbines, gearboxes, motors, engines and other equipment for land based and offshore facilities
- Balancing of rotating equipment
- Interact with operations, maintenance, and inspection personnel
- Perform equipment vibration and performance assessments for rotating equipment packages
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports to professional standards
- Implement and adhere to Wood - Vibration, Dynamics & Noise (VDN) HSSE policies and best practices at all work sites
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to speak directly to the issue and to adapt to work environment and customers' communication style
- A bility to establish strong working relationships with customers. Strong customer focus and the desire to go the extra mile
- Mechanical Engineer or Technologist (BSME or BSMET)
- New graduate with 0-5 years of job-related experience
- Good knowledge of vibration fundamentals and interest in investigating and troubleshooting vibration problems, with basic understanding of performance, reliability, and maintenance issues
- Ideally have some exposure to vibration data acquisition systems and their software, in the industry or in university vibration laboratory
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- Position requires up to 50% travel. Travel is mainly continental United States with some international travel. Work also includes offshore facilities
- Ideally understand rotating machinery including reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, reciprocating and centrifugal pumps, gas and steam turbines, gearboxes, motors, engines and other equipment
- Must be a US citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.