Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
We are looking for a new colleague, Manufacturing Engineer
, to join our team in Ortona, Italy. If you have a proven background in Manufacturing and are inventive, meticulous and a fast learner we would be happy to meet you. The scope of this role is to develop and facilitate the introduction of new cost-effective processes, equipment, and methods. You will be responsible to coordinate the orderly transition and installation of new processes and/or methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create BOM and routing for new P/N to commit new P/N properly into JDE (ERP system) within one week after SO.
- Correctly set the stocking type and cost for each item in order to commit final p/n properly into JDE.
- Collaborate with Engineer department to have all items of BOM in windchill and coordinate with Engineers to have released Obsolete - Inactive P/N
- Interface with Planning department, Customer service, Suppliers, or the Procurement team for quotation for new p/n.
- Evaluate cost reductions, improvements and value analysis for engineering and manufacturing applications across the plants.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of layout and detail drawings in CAD.
- Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Design, develop, test, source and cost-justify various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Support maintenance in equipment improvements and repairs.
- Write procedures and reports.
- 3 - 5 years working experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred, or equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of machine design, welding processes and automation is desired.
- Good communication skills in Italian and English (verbal and written).
- Understand GD+T and dimensioning.
- Ability to implement SPC.
- PC skills including AutoCAD, (Mechanical Desktop a plus), experience using spreadsheets and word processing software.
- ERP system experience.
- Excellent team leadership skills, be a self-starter, innovative and able to work with little or no supervision.