Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting a Senior Project Engineer ideally with extensive experience in Automation and Control to support one of our UK projects. This position can be either staff or contract.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected.
Applicants must be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for the successful delivery of E,C&I / control system upgrade . The role will support the Project Manager in the day-to-day administration and delivery of projects, in accordance with Wood Quality Management Systems. Responsibilities / Duties:
Skills / Qualifications
- Successful delivery of ICSS scope including interfacing with other disciplines such as electrical, civils, mechanical, C&I, metering
- Support Project Manager in delivering the overall scope
- Management of the scope & identification of changes to scope as identified by the engineering leads
- Development and management of the L4 schedule in line with needs of the project and key milestones in Level 3 Schedule
- Alignment of deliverables and schedules with the Project Engineering Manager and Project Manager
- Technical level interfaces with the Client and all disciplines
- Planning and arranging Hardware and Software testing as appropriate, with support from the Engineering team
- Identifying the resource requirements and communicating with the Engineering Team
- Management of issues at a project engineering level both internally and externally
- Relevant delivery experience gained from engineering within Automation and Control projects
- Solid knowledge of Industrial Control & Safety Systems
- Demonstrable background in design, development and implementation of large scale Industrial Automation system
- Experience in Brownfield upgrades / replacement automation and control projects
- Compressor Station / Metering experience is advantageous
- NEC3 / 4 contract experience advantageous
- CDM experience advantageous
- Preferred BSc Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong computer and database skills preferred
- Strong leadership ability, communication skills, loyalty, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.