Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for an Early Careers Advisor to join its Learning & Development team. This role is open to candidates throughout Europe and remote working will be considered.
This role is responsible for providing advice to employees, operational P&O and leaders on the correct interpretation and application for the early career cycle.
Responsible for working with the Resourcing & Learning and Development teams in developing global and local attraction, recruitment and selection, onboarding and development strategies aligned to the Wood strategy, values and behaviours. The role is responsible for driving Wood's early career talent propositions by working closely with programme participants and stakeholders delivering recruitment and development programmes in line with the needs of the business and the early career population.
This role is responsible for monitoring and auditing the implementation of agreed recruitment and learning & development activities across the assigned business areas, supporting consistent application and analysing data to ensure continual improvement of talent development offerings and processes Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. Our Clients and Projects It's a future for all of us
. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society. What we can offer
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Typical responsibilities
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
Skills / Qualifications Working Relationships:
- Responsible for the co-ordinating and implementing of Resourcing and Learning & Development initiatives.
- Provides advice, coaches and responds to queries relating to the content and application of global and local talent development policies and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Identifies learning needs and solutions to support employee development and build capability within the organisation
- Supports leaders to help them engage and develop their employees
- Contributes to improvements across Resourcing and Learning & Development policies, processes and programmes
- Production of early career data sets to identify trends, risks and recommend opportunities with a strong attention to detail
- Supports business stakeholders by providing advice on early career queries and data.
- Ensures compliance with relevant Data Privacy and Protection regulations and policies
- Supports with roll out of Resourcing and Learning & Development activities e.g. careers fair strategy, global graduate development programme
- Supports with P&O engagement and training sessions in relation to changes and/or application of activities
- Keep up to date with external trends, best practice in the areas of the early career cycle
- Highlight and address where appropriate, process issues and improvements through the correct channels
- Liaises with external providers to design and implement recruitment and development solutions
- Works with the global Resourcing, Learning & Development team and wider P&O teams to address day to day issues in relation to the delivery of talent development provision
Internal: Global and local Resourcing and Learning and Development team members, P&O teams, Shared Services Team, employees and leaders
External: Training providers, Service Providers, Educational Institutions, Colleges and Universities Level of Influence & Decision Making Aurthority:
Limited level decision making. Will be required to manage self to achieve end results within prescribed timeframes. Required to influence and guide all levels on talent development matters within area and of expertise and within level of experience. Support and guidance readily available. Qualifications:
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree qualification or equivalent experience in organisational development/learning, Human Resources or Coaching
- HR Qualification preferred or previous experience with campus engagement
- Strong information technology skills including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering initiatives to support leadership development, feedback tools, career development, performance development and talent management
- Understanding of adult learning methodologies for both groups and individuals
- Experience in developing and facilitating development workshops and forums
- Highly developed written, oral communication and interpersonal skills, including advisory, negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on key stakeholder management
- Project management and change management skills
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with key stakeholders, employees and people leaders
- Excellent communicator to all levels and articulating required talent development approaches
- Ability to convey information in legible reports to P&O and management groups.
- Ability to handle large amounts of confidential information and detail in an organised, efficient manner
- Attention to detail and a completer-finisher
- Knowledge of data privacy and protection practices and related legislation
- Actively develops working relationships with internal and external
- Encourages cooperation across all business units, regions and functions.
- Has the ability to partner effectively with P&O, business leaders and vendors.
- Strong guardian of company values and principles
- Good interpersonal skills and are approachable, responsive, and trustworthy
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.