Where you fit in
We play an important role in defining the future of energy, by building the Upstream assets that deliver material cash flows, the Downstream assets where Shell produces advanced, low-carbon products, and the Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions assets that deliver the energy that powers lives and livelihoods.
Projects and Technology supports Shell's operated and non-operated assets, safely improving performance and raising the bar being a responsible operator. We use our technical, commercial, and digital skills to competitively optimise production and we replicate technologies across the portfolio. Projects and Technology also has a role to play making our assets top quartile on emissions intensity.What's the role?
As IDT Trade Compliance SME, you'll be responsible for maintaining and operating processes and procedures to ensure effective operation of the Trade Compliance Control Framework for your respective IDT portfolio:
What we need from you?
- Providing subject matter expertise for relevant Trade Compliance topics to support the implementation of local LOD1 guidance and Standard Operating Procedures enabling local, regional and global IDT compliance
- Operating and consistently improving the first line of defence rules and corresponding controls and quality assurance in IDT. Aligning to and coordinating with second line of defence process and control within the Shell Ethics and Compliance Office (dotted line to Shell Ethics & Compliance Officer in SECO)
- Creating and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships with business leaders across IDT ; Contracts & Procurement and SECO, and with Technical Classification Experts supporting P&T.
- Strengthening a culture of compliance through the implementation of effective training, communication; intervention and support.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience in Trade Compliance matters; Expertise in Energy, Oil & Gas Trade Compliance is required
- Knowledge of UK, EU and US Trade Compliance (including sanctions, import and export controls) laws and regulations as well as the relevant international trade compliance regulations of PTX technology program areas.
- Professional qualifications in Trade Compliance, Law and Financial Crime are advantageous. Degree educated, preferably in a relevant subject, such as International Trade and Law.
- Knowledge of Shell IDT landscape preferred
- Broad understanding of the key risks; exposures and developments associated with Trade Compliance activities, especially within Sanctions, Import and Export Controls related risks, and their impacts across IDT and Shell.
- Understanding of the improvements needed to the existing Trade Compliance control framework and the steps being taken / needed to be taken to deliver these.
- Prior experience in controls, governance, risk, and assurance and a sound knowledge of the Shell Control Framework, with the ability to articulate risk, controls and assurance principles in both technical and non-technical language
- Understanding of the IDT organisation and technology landscape
- Working effectively across organisational boundaries with a diverse set of stakeholders, internally and externally, at multiple levels (including EC-2) and influencing delivery through others.
- Leadership experience and a track record of coaching, developing and engaging staff in a virtual environment, and in delivering through others. Understanding/experience of leading/managing front-line operations is advantageous.
- Strong communications (written and spoken) skills are a given.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.