Shell Asset Management Company B.V. (SAMCo) is the in-house asset manager of Shell plc. SAMCo provides investment advice and asset management services to pension funds associated with Shell. With total assets under management of around USD 80 billion, these funds make up one of the world's largest corporate pension schemes.
SAMCo is supervised by the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) and the Dutch Central Bank (DNB). The company is internationally oriented, with clients in various countries and 200 employees of different nationalities.
The pension fund clients have significantly different asset class allocations to optimise the pension benefits of their pensioners. We invest in a broad and diversified portfolio of assets and strongly believe in ensuring a careful balance between financial returns and risk, including Environmental, Social and Governance factors.
The SAMCo offices are located in The Hague in the Netherlands.Your Role
You will be joining SAMCo as an Asset Management Trainee on a two-year trainee programme that offers three assignments, covering areas such as Fixed Income, Strategy, Risk and performance, Client services, and Controlling. Each assignment will focus on developing new aspects of asset management knowledge, while giving you direct accountability for certain tasks, activities, or projects.Your Learning Journey
Every step of the way, we'll support you through a combination of training, on-the-job learning, regular check-ins, and inspiring mentors. You'll have opportunities to develop and will contribute to our business from day one. Above all, we'll help you build rock-solid foundations for a successful career in asset management.
At the outset, you will be assigned a mentor to guide and support your progress on an agreed development plan. You will be enrolled in the CFA programme to enhance the depth of your expertise, and you'll have access to world-class learning sources.
Finally, on the successful completion of your final assignment and solid progress with your CFA qualification, you will have the opportunity to progress into a permanent role.Your Profile
What do we offer?
- You have a Bachelor's degree and have completed (or are in the final stages of completing) a Master's degree.
- You have a demonstrably strong academic record, and no more than one year of post-graduate work experience.
- You have a natural interest in finance and a strong affinity with asset management. We also welcome candidates with different backgrounds in quantitative disciplines, such as economics, econometrics, engineering, sciences and mathematics.
- You are curious, with strong analytical skills and you excel in a dynamic and changing environment.
- You are a team player who takes ownership, with a mindset to get the job done and challenge the status quo.
- You care about making the world a more sustainable place and you embrace diversity.
- Your communication skills in verbal and written English are excellent.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we take work/life balance seriously. Successful applicants can expect:
- A competitive starting salary, plus recognition and reward through performance-related pay.
- Hybrid working.
- A total of 37 annual leave days, excluding public holidays.
- A personal budget to pursue educational opportunities, professional development and life-long learning.
- The opportunity to participate in a Shell plc share programme.
To support you to finalise your thesis, we support a part-time work schedule during your first rotation.
Within SAMCo, we're committed to each other's well-being and success within a culture of collaboration, honesty, integrity and respect. Our shared, common values are part of everything we do. Our culture is informal, with a flat hierarchy. Doors to senior management are open for everyone to discuss their views and ask questions.Contact Info
For more information about the SAMCo Asset Management Trainee programme, please contact Frank Appelman via SAMCO-External@shell.com , who can provide more information.Ready to apply?
If you are interested, we would love to hear from you. In addition to your CV, please send us a cover letter that describes your motivation for this role.