Seismic Depth Imaging Geophysicist Location: Saudia Arabia Permanant position
Seeking a Seismic Depth Imaging Geophysicist to join Geophysical Imaging Department.
The Geophysical Imaging Department is an organisation that supports the exploration and development programs through providing timely quality geophysical solutions focusing on subsurface images and quality of reservoirs and prospects.
The department works in a solution-based model that integrates different geophysical disciplines like survey design, acquisition, time processing, depth imaging, near surface modelling, borehole geophysics, potential fields, rock physics and inversion. Such dynamic model works interactively with clients, interpreters, to support exploration and development programs business needs. Duties and Responsibilities
- Design seismic imaging workflows to improve quality of subsurface images for a given geological setting.
- Implement latest seismic imaging technologies to augment quality of geophysical solutions.
- Work dynamically within the geophysical solution based working model by interacting with different disciplines for a common goal.
- Interact closely with clients to understand their business needs and provide fit for purpose solutions.
- Assess uncertainty related to seismic imaging work and share its impact on delivered solutions.
- Participate in projects peer-reviews as needed to assure quality of work.
- Work closely with developers, whether internally or through vendors, to provide seismic imaging technologies to solve issues like near surface, noise, multiples, velocity models building, and resolutions.
- Present work to management and team members whenever requested.
- Mentor junior geophysicists in learning seismic depth imaging through hands-on projects.
- You will hold a bachelor or higher degree in Geophysics. Alternative acceptable disciplines in conjunction with work experience would include Physics or Geology.
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in seismic depth imaging experience with exposure to recent related technologies is needed. Expertise could be with either a service provider or a major oil and gas company.
- Experience in effective decision making in land, transition zone, and marine (OBC, OBN) seismic imaging.
- Show evidence of having worked to implement latest technologies and design workflows for seismic depth imaging.
- A wide variety of geological settings resembling different seismic imaging challenges.
- Exposure to programming and software development for seismic data imaging will be considered a positive addition.
- English language fluency with the capability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.