Education: Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, PE license preferred
- Ensure that the engineering, procurement and execution by EPC contractor results in a safe, operable and reliable plant
- Provide technical assurance on regulatory compliance for the development of the facility
- Develop process simulations for complex units, updates and modifies process simulation models
- Review and approve process engineering deliverables from the Contractor
- Act as subject matter expert for Process Safety
- Perform economic evaluations of equipment alternatives with particular emphasis on availability and reliability projections and life cycle costs.
- Provide technical assurance on regulatory compliance for the development of the facility with US, Mexico and International Codes and Regulations such as OSHA's Process Safety Management (PSM) standard (29 CFR 1910.119), and National Fire Protection Association Standard for the Production, Storage, and Handling of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) (NFPA 59A
- Interpret and verify industry standards, guidelines and codes that they have been correctly applied on the project.
- Evaluate requests for deviations or exemptions to the established codes and standards, specifications and project standards.
- Own the Process Risk management processes including PHA (HAZOP and LOPA).
- Serve as Owner's lead representative during HAZID, HAZOP, QRA studies.
- Responsible for review of third-party safety studies including Fire and Explosion Risk analysis, vapor dispersion analysis, QRA studies, etc.
- Carries out design reviews of Active and Passive Fire Protection systems, Hazardous Area Classification documentation, Safety and Firefighting layouts, escape route, lifesaving equipment layout and other safety drawings.
- During EPC phase, ensures process changes are managed through a Management of Change (MOC) procedure by owning the MOC system and actively engaging the EPC Contractor to implement and apply the MOC system.
- Prepare and obtain approval of the Project Risk Management Plan.
- Perform qualitative, quantitative, deterministic and probabilistic risk analysis to mitigate, transfer, insure or add contingency funding against risks.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA's Process Safety Management (PSM) standard (29 CFR 1910.119), and National Fire Protection Association Standard for the Production, Storage, and Handling of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) (NFPA 59A).
- Minimum of 15 years process safety engineering experience in oil / gas or petrochemical industry with 5 years of LNG or Gas Processing process safety engineering experience.
- Relevant licenses or certifications related to Process Safety, HAZOP, QRA & Risk Analysis
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.